Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Need to buy new 3GS buuuut...
03-07-2010, 02:32 PM #1Need to buy new 3GS buuuut...
So I currently own a 16GB iPhone 3G and want/need to upgrade to the 32GB 3GS. Mine has some cracks in the casing and a small, albeit annoying, scratch in the glass. Now my dilemma is: Do I wait until a possibly bigger (64GB) iPhone comes out sometime in June or July and possibly has some new features, or just get a new 32GB 3GS right now. I COULD wait but I'm constantly having to remove things from my iPhone in order to download new music on the go.
I'm not even sure if a bigger/new 3GS will come out this summer but what would you do?
03-07-2010, 04:25 PM #2
You create a poll for other people to tell you what to do rather than just read the many threads on the subject? Way to go!He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
03-07-2010, 09:19 PM #3
buy a 3GS and sell it for the next iPhone in July
03-08-2010, 03:13 PM #4
Actually, I'm with Stealth. Do you know how high the resell value is on a 32GB 3G[s]? It's crazy! However, they may not allow you to upgrade in july... I dunno. Why not wait another month or so for the announcement?And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
03-08-2010, 05:06 PM #5
Agreed wait, you never know what will happen the new iphone could make the 3GS obsolete or could put it in high demandIf you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here
03-09-2010, 10:42 PM #6
the newest iphone if any is appearing to be a cdma device so unless its dualmode or ur a verizon customer (likely client) it will be useless jobs would have been all over the iphone release if he thought they were gonnna be on time for the release but i cant wait to see people workingon a cdma device cuz i have been trying to tackle that whole msl provider closed circuit fun stuff lol but i see them delaying this till late summer mid fall
03-09-2010, 10:55 PM #7
03-09-2010, 11:14 PM #8
I don't believe the hype that the next iPhone will go on Verizon. Even if that slight small chance occurred, Apple will still release a GSM version of the phone. It would be stupid to release a new iPhone when so many were GSM users. Why shouldn't TMo or ATT customers be able to get a new iPhone? Besides, Verizon turned the iPhone down when it first came out, I'm surprised Apple even consider Verizon as a likely candidate since they were shot down and became successful with ATT.
Rumor says Apple will stay with ATT. Who knows... Point is there will definitely be a GSM version of a new iPhone when released. I would wait for the new iPhone instead of wasting money/time. That's what I'm doing.
Correction ^ it would be stupid to release a new iPhone on CDMA when so many were GSM users. My bad, on my iPhone can't edit.
Last edited by i.Annie; 03-09-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
03-09-2010, 11:59 PM #9
There will always be a gsm version. Apple is much more likely to open the iPhone to tmobile and AT&T
03-10-2010, 12:34 AM #10
GSM is by the world far more than CMDA. So closing out GSM would big a massive step back.[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]