+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: live streaming

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am going away for a while so to keep in touch streaming from my 3G would be great, I heard there is something called Qik. Now after googling for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default live streaming
    I am going away for a while so to keep in touch streaming from my 3G would be great, I heard there is something called Qik. Now after googling for half an hour it seems this used to be jailbreak only (I am jailbroken) but is now available from app store.

I've been looking around and some say you can stream, others say it just records video.

So I thought I would ask you folks, does it stream and should I get it via app store or cydia or direct download?

Thanks

Thanks

u can stream with it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, is the version on app store the one to go for?

Just read that the cydia version is better as that has better fps due to the apple API limitations, but I can`t fidn Qik on cydia

Looked again today but still not there so googled but no word of it being removed. Official limited app it is then.
    Last edited by candell; 03-08-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

You can also look into the Ustream app on the App Store. Don't know how well it fares on a 3G, but on my 3GS it had a decent framerate and showed up on the specified URL fine (with about a 20 second delay).

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Have used Qik for a long time. Which phone are you using. The one in the app store is only for 3GS I believe. The one in Cydia works with my 3G. You also will have to set up a QIK membership which is to my knowledge still free and painless. I have used it for over a year and enjoy when I am at a family function or just see something cool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies folks, I downloaded ustream but the frame rate was pretty awful.

Qik is still missing from Cydia