Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: interesting iPhone PROBLEM in 2010

Default interesting iPhone PROBLEM in 2010
    ....... any suggestions?!?!?!?

My family has AT&T. So when the 3GS came out they upgraded and gave me the 3G. Immediately, I unlocked it so that I can use it for T-mobile. Well now, the phone reads "no service". I tried resorting the phone to its original setting then unlocked it again BUT still reads no service. I also tried putting it in airplane mode on and off BUT nothing. I also turned off the 3G as well and still no luck.

SIDENOTE:
    When my family upgraded to the 3GS they were issued a new sim card. According to apple, the 3GS sim card does work if it is place in the 3G. But why when I took the 3GS sim card and put it in my friends unlocked 3G iphone the sim card worked. Interesting?!?!?!?!?

What i wanted to do was take the 3GS to apple and tell them look I want to use my 3G as back up but the phone reads no service. The problem is they are going to tell me that the sims cards don't work with different model iphones. Well I already know that they do work if its unlocked but they cant know it was unlocked b/c supposedly the warranty will be void. So what do I do?
    Either way, the phone will be at the original settings when I bring it to apple.

I feel like taking the phones to apple and just tell them the truth and show them that the 3GS sim card works on any 3G unlocked iPhone. Then show em my unlocked 3G iPhone where it says no service and have them swap it out for another iPhone. what u think ?!?!?!?!? any thoughts or comments ?!?!?!?!?
    Unlocked 1 Generation iPhone
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version

Thanks

Did you turn 3g off in settings. Otherwise no worky

LOL.. different SIM?
    worked fine for me when i upgraded to 3gs .. and i used the same Sim card from my 3G.

Thanks

Wow. How did I miss that in the very first paragraph?

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah the different sim thing sounds odd. As far as I know all att&t sim cards are the same and can be used in any att&t phone.

Thanks

Yeah, I use go-phone part time. (At&t)
    Last edited by -vis0-; 03-07-2010 at 06:04 AM.

With no details from the OP as to how the phone was JB or unlocked or even what FW it's on, it is very difficult to offer any constructive advice, but I would like to know why Apple say a SIM from a 3GS wouldn't work in a 3G...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i think he might be on pay-as-you go.. the pre-paid sim card thing..

Quote Originally Posted by b18c6 itr View Post
    i think he might be on pay-as-you go.. the pre-paid sim card thing..
    Why?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.