+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone blocked after jailbreak 3gs 3.1.2

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I have 3GS iPhone with 3.1.2 firmware, 05.11.07 baseband and serial 87947Wxxxx This iphone was successfully Jaillbreaked with Blackra1n RC3. To solve Wifi problem I restarted network setting. After
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question iphone blocked after jailbreak 3gs 3.1.2
    Hi,

I have 3GS iPhone with 3.1.2 firmware, 05.11.07 baseband and serial 87947Wxxxx

This iphone was successfully Jaillbreaked with Blackra1n RC3.

To solve Wifi problem I restarted network setting. After this, when I run Blackra1n Geohot's pic stay longer than usual and iphone reboot in restore mode!!!!!

... so unfortunately I could not save my iBEC and iBSS in cydia to restore my iPhone :-(

is there a way to fix this problem or restore my iphone to 3.1.2 or to original settings ?

I get my ECID with usbview, is there a way to generate IBSS and IBEC from ECID?

Many thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaursan View Post
    Hi,

I have 3GS iPhone with 3.1.2 firmware, 05.11.07 baseband and serial 87947Wxxxx

This iphone was successfully Jaillbreaked with Blackra1n RC3.

To solve Wifi problem I restarted network setting. After this, when I run Blackra1n Geohot's pic stay longer than usual and iphone reboot in restore mode!!!!!

... so unfortunately I could not save my iBEC and iBSS in cydia to restore my iPhone :-(

is there a way to fix this problem or restore my iphone to 3.1.2 or to original settings ?

I get my ECID with usbview, is there a way to generate IBSS and IBEC from ECID?

Many thanks
    There's no way to get your SHSHs files for version 3.1.2 anymore. The only chance you have is if you can get your phone out of the boot loop.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

kaursan (03-07-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks dhamien

I had this message on cydia : "This device has a 3.1.3 ECID SHSH on file".

I have 3GS 3.1.2 (05.11.07 baseband) with the new boot ROM ... What should I do? Can I use the custom 3.1.3 Os with no baseband update ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaursan View Post
    Thanks dhamien

I had this message on cydia : "This device has a 3.1.3 ECID SHSH on file".

I have 3GS 3.1.2 (05.11.07 baseband) with the new boot ROM ... What should I do? Can I use the custom 3.1.3 Os with no baseband update ?
    Judging by your serial number, I'd say no. Custom firwmares (the ones that don't update baseband) only work on phones that have the old bootrom but since your phone was made so late in 2009, it's almost certain that it has the new one.

Cydia only has your 3.1.3 file, so you can't downgrade.

The only chance you have is if you can kick it out of the boot loop. I've seen various methods for that, but none that are guaranteed to work.

If you use blackra1n, try removing anything iTunes-related from your task manager (the one that comes up when you press ctrl-alt-delete) before you run the program. Also try using iReb, it has an option for fixing boot loops.

As I said, no sure-fire way out of the problem so you should look around and see what others have done.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

kaursan (03-07-2010)