Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wi-fi question ....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default wi-fi question ....
    hi all i am after a little help i have an iphone 3g 8gb running 3.1.3 bb 05.12.01 jailbroken and i am having trouble connecting to open wireless networks? it is fine at home it has always connected no probs but when we go out say to a shopping centre (when i really need to use it lol) it just will not connect? they are definatly open networks. it also wont connect to btopenzone in the local cinema??? this again is open. any help would be brill cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Maybe the signal isn't big. Or mate there's a password still cause in my school. There's an open network but when u press it in settings u have to wait like 10 secs and then a window will pop up and it'll tell you how to log in

Thanks

usually BT Openzones need you to put in passwords, could you get on them before you updated or have they always been a pain??

Open zones usually lead up to that 'great o2 cloud' in the sky and for that you have to use a username and password, if your on O2 you can get on them free but you have to enter login details etc