Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ugh.. 3G[S] Nightmare..

Default Ugh.. 3G[S] Nightmare..
    Not my 3G[S], as I'm a bit more.. paranoid..

Its a 16GB 3G[S] with the new iBoot.

It was running 3.1.2/5.11.07 jailbroken by BlackRa1n and unlocked by BlackSn0w

He called me saying his WiFi quit working. So I say "Try resetting the network settings"..

Now its stuck in a boot loop. Did some digging, and downloaded iRecovery. It has a CTX Error, and from everything I've read, its impossible to fix without a restore.

So, I dl the 3.1.2 firmware,changed the HOSTs to the Cydia SHSH, and start to restore it.. Nope, my friend never backed up his SHSH files!

So right now, there is a 3G[S] with a new iBoot stuck in a bootloop on 3.1.2/05.11.07

Absolutely needs to be unlocked.

Is there any program that I can make a custom 3.1.3 that preserves the baseband and that'll pass the SHSH check?

Is BlackSn0w compatible with 3.1.3/5.11.07?

Sorry for all the questions!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Phones with the new bootrom can't accept custom firmwares at all, so unfortunately that's not an option. Even if it did, blacksn0w and 3.1.3 doesn't play well together. In fact, I don't think they work at all.

The only option you have is kicking it out of that boot loop, but I don't really know how. Try some of the various programs around; iReb (it does work for 3GS), blackra1n, redsn0w (make sure you only select 'boot tethered now), quickpwn perhaps (not too sure about this one, but I know some users have gotten their phone booted with it).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

To kick it out u need to put it in dfu mode and restore and as Said above u cannot jailbreak or unlock it

How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

Its not in DFU Mode, it boots straight to Recovery..

iRecovery gives some CTX error, but no matter what I do in that program, it won't boot.

iReb says it doesn't work with a 3G[S]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    Its not in DFU Mode, it boots straight to Recovery..

iRecovery gives some CTX error, but no matter what I do in that program, it won't boot.

iReb says it doesn't work with a 3G[S]
    iReb does work for 3GS when you click the 'fix boot loop' button. You then get the option of selecting your phone.