+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help Iphone 3gs stuck on reboot after network reset

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi all i have iphone 3gs 3.1.2 this guy form simple mobile made me reset the network settings and now iam stuck it keeps rebooting and rebooting please help.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default help Iphone 3gs stuck on reboot after network reset
    hi all

i have iphone 3gs 3.1.2

this guy form simple mobile made me reset the network settings and now iam stuck it keeps rebooting and rebooting

please help.
    No signature links or spam... only warning

Thanks

download the 3.1.2 firmware, and plug into itunes, when it is recognized quickly select it and hold shift and press restore and select the 3.1.2 firmware and restore to it. do not update to 3.1.3!! if it doesnt show up in itunes then put it in dfu mode. dfu mode: turn off your iphone. hold both buttons for 10 seconds, release the sleep button and continue holding the home button until itunes recognizes it. (15 seconds)
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Thanks

bro this is to restore i am want to recover form this problem without doign restore

Thanks

im willing to bet you wont be able to. this happened to me on 2.2.1 and it happened to my friend 2 weeks ago on 3.1.2. just restore it
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Thanks

ya after googling for 1 full day there is no turn around to this problem... i tried every tut it don't help or i re jail/unlock 3.1.2 with costume firmware

Thanks

you should be fine to install 3.1.2 and JB/Unlock using redsn0w

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xwinger View Post
    im willing to bet you wont be able to. this happened to me on 2.2.1 and it happened to my friend 2 weeks ago on 3.1.2. just restore it
    He has a 3GS. He can't just restore to 3.1.2

Thanks

if hes running 3.1.2 at present he should be able to wipe and install from fresh right??

( i wouldent know being old 3g and all )

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    if hes running 3.1.2 at present he should be able to wipe and install from fresh right??

( i wouldent know being old 3g and all )
    No, it doesn't work like that on 3GS phones. You can only restore to the latest firmware on those.

Thanks

now thats a pain in the rump!

guess ill wait for the new FW to be JB before i think about going and buying that sexy 16GB 3G[S] in white *drools* gwhahaaaaaaahhhhhhh as unlocking isnt an issue for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same scenario happen to my wife's phone (twice) when I reset the network setting and reboot got the infinite loop -will learn from now on not to reset ( 3gs 16 gig older bootrom )And both scenarios I was able to fix the infinite loop.
    I use Fr0zenw1nd http://www.sendspace.com/file/afkqm0 1st time it happen. 2nd time it happen i tried fr0zenw1nd it did not fix it so i use Ireb. This time it worked . both frozen wind and i reb has the same instructions.

Before u proceed try putting ur iphone in recovery mode and JB with blackrain, then once u see the infinite loop , put it in recovery mode and leave it like that unplugged . and see what happen.(just to save you time coz for some reason the softwares FROZENSNOW AND IREB, SEEMS LIKE it did not do anything because BOTH ask you to install LIBUSB which disable my usb ports. Basically its trial and error. Either the software or/and the constant rebooting, puttin it in recovery mode, JB with blackrain, leaving it in recovery mode, help me restore the phone

the instruction below is from my experience.
    1. Goto iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and download IREB. Its an exe file.
    2. Put ur iphone 3gs in Recovery mode and plug it to ur computer. make sure Itunes is not running/.
    3. Open IREB then click on Fix Recovery Loop. It will ask you to install libsub. here's the tricky part.
    - when i installed the libusb - IT DISABLED MY all USB PORTS- but still i went ahead and follow the instruction.nOTHING HAPPEN. when i restart my iphone JB it with bLCAKRAIN, it's still in a loop.
    -try it again, this time i uninstalled libusb and rerun Ireb, this time when i hit FIX Recovery loop I click on yes i have LIBUSB ( eventhough i uninstalled it) then click iphone 3gs. nothing happen , on the phone side ( still has the apple logo )

I hard reset the phone 1st try- nothing- still infinite loop
    I hard reset the phone 2nd time and put it in recovery mode ,JB wiht blackrain , unplugged. After a minute or so i got the SAD FACE telling me the iphone is in SAFE mode ,hard reset again for 3rd time. this time it came back to LIFE.

16gig 3gs 3.1.2 older bootrom
    infinite boot loop (2 times it happen to me ) due to a network reset
    Both times I got to fix it.
    Last edited by duken2389; 03-29-2010 at 12:16 PM.