Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: will re-jailbreaking do anything to an iphone that is already jailbroken?

Default will re-jailbreaking do anything to an iphone that is already jailbroken?
    my iphone 3g is running firmware version 3.1.2 and it was jailbroken a while ago. just recently however, cydia stopped working and the whole icon just disappeared all together. I tried that fix where you type in a series of commands in mobile terminal, but that didn't do anything, in fact after I did that the icon disappeared. I remember hearing that you can download the actual blackra1n app that installs cydia and rock, but I couldnt find it (I downloaded Rock when I jailbroke along with cydia)

So I was wondering if I download blackra1n on my computer and try to jailbreak it again, will it do anything to all the stuff on my iphone? Will I lose data? is there any other way you know how to get cydia back?

Thanks for the help.

PS, in case you're wondering why I need cydia since I already have rock, the reason is that a lot of times, sources that normally work on cydia, do not work on rock. And also rock seems very unstable because it is always crashing.

Calgary, Canada

just back up your phone with itunes. you've got nothing to lose...
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008