+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bluetooth problem

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i bought a new bluetooth universal headset and tried to connect it to my iphone 3gs(3.0.1) but it is not connecting to it it shows a spinning wheel always i
    prr
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default bluetooth problem
    i bought a new bluetooth universal headset and tried to connect it to my iphone 3gs(3.0.1) but it is not connecting to it it shows a spinning wheel always i have switched off my iphone strarted for 2-3 times but there is no result and it is connectiong to other iphones kindly reply me the solution

thank u.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Turn your phone off completely. After you turn it on go to Bluetooth settings. Make sure your phone is searching for a BT item.
    When you turn on the headset make sure you hold the power button for 6 to 10 seconds. See if this helps it pair. Most BT headsets require that you hold the button for a long period of time so it goes into pairing mode.

Thanks

Good evening!
    the bluetooth issue is, and will continue to be an, well, issue untill apple releases the full power in the bluetooth chip that is installed in the iphone 3G. The chip has either 17 or 22 profiles physically available, but only about 5 are turned on. That is what I know. What i would LIKE to know is how to activate the rest. there is a cydia app called bluetooth profile selector, and another called bluetooth mono SB settings (addon). i have installed both, but ya know, the phone just cannot see some of my toys, and some it can see, but not connect. I know this does not help much, but now you know that it's not just your phone, or headset. I have eight headsets, to include motorola, nokia, PROplantronics, and i use TOMTOM and a car set. i cannot connect to 3 headsets, but most everything else worx! as for holding the button for six seconds, some devices shut off instead of going into search mode.
    good luck,
    unklbyl