+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: on 3.0 jailbroken..cannot use internet and talk

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so i just noticed this, i cannot talk on the phone and be using the internet whether its 3g or edge. anyone have any ideas why? while im on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default on 3.0 jailbroken..cannot use internet and talk
    ok so i just noticed this, i cannot talk on the phone and be using the internet whether its 3g or edge. anyone have any ideas why? while im on the phone i cannot use safari nor send an mms, nor get on the appstore. im imagining that its happened for a while now but i just noticed it today.

anyone have a clue why it does this?

anyone please...?
    Last edited by its_justLenny; 03-03-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Are you with AT&T?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yes im with att

Thanks

What happens when you try to run safari? Does the program load at all? Or just not got to any site?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it says "no cellular network detected" whenever im on a call the 3g symbol next to the att sign goes away on my phone. its just blank. i cant test this out on wifi since im getting a new router this weekend. but so far 3g and edge, i cannot be on a call and use safari or appstore or send mms messages. i get the same message when loading all 3.

Thanks

On Edge you wont be able too - GPRS/Edge does not allow for data and voice at the same time (nor does CDMA) but UMTS does.
    Not heard of anyone with this problem before - what did you use to JB and why are you still on 3.0?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    basically i got a new pc got rid of the old one now im scared of how to upgrade to 3.1 without losing all my stuff so until i figure that out im stuck on 3.0 i believe i used pwnage tool. i dont know if thats still around but i've been out of it for a bit.

but maybe that should be my next question, how would i go about to get my phone back to restore and then re-jailbreak and get on 3.1?

i've never used my new pc to sync my phone, just to charge it.