Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone tethering stuck

Default iPhone tethering stuck
    I have an iPhone 3g 3.1.3 version. I use windows XP on my computer.
    I have Jailbroken my iPhone using redsn0w and some trick that uses 3.1.2 firmware. It works I have Cydia.

I have at&t in the USA as my carrier

I see that people are tethering using the iPhone I am just a newbie and keep getting lost on how to accomplish it.

Can anyone post a walk through on how to accomplish this task. I see many threads, but I can not follow them since I have no background to what is being said..being a newbie and all.

Thannk you.

I followed this guide and it worked like a charm. I also have at&t and the help.benm.at method always caused my visual voicemail to stop working. This worked perfectly and was as simple as installing a package from Cydia.

I honestly have no idea if this will work with 3.1.3 or not (so try this at your own risk!). A couple other words of warning about tethering:

First, don't do it excessively. It's really nice to have the option when you need it, but don't go watching tons of youtube videos over 3G just because you can. The more you use it, the more likely someone at at&t is going to notice your data usage is through the roof. I haven't heard of them denying service or anything like that to someone who tethers, but I also wouldn't do anything to encourage it.

Also, you might want to download one of the tethering toggles for SBSettings. It's a really nice way turn tethering off quickly and easily when you're not using it.

Other than that, have fun!