Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] Can't anymore SSH into iPhone with Cyberduck/Fugu

Question [HELP] Can't anymore SSH into iPhone with Cyberduck/Fugu
    Hi,
    I have been able to SSH into my iPhone 3GS using Cyberduck ( OSX 10.4.99)

But since i had to reinstall SBSettings and the OpenSSH ..
    i cannot log into my iPhone anymore

getting error
    " I/O Error: Connection failed
    sftp://192.168.0.12

there was a problem connection to 192.168.0.12:22

SSH toggle is active in SBSettings,

maybe i am missing some file that needs for SSH to work ?

any ideas?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by jazzroom; 02-28-2010 at 04:06 PM.

First, try to reconnect. Second, make sure your computer and phone are connected to the same network. Third, got to Settings->Wifi-> click on the arrow next to the network you are using -> Renew Lease.

If this doesnt work, try a hard reset.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

make sure your phone didn't change ip addresses since the last time you used it....
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

thanks for a quick reply guys

renewed IP... but no result still same error....
    what is a hard reset.... am i risking my Jailbreak?

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

thanks for reply Melech,
    did a hard reset based on your guide.

restarted iPhone
    Cyberduck reports : I/O Error: Connection failed
    sftp://192.168.0.2
    The kexTimeout (30000 ms) expired..

i am trying to connect to iPhone from PowerMac G4 (connected to the ADSL Wifi/ Ethernet router via Ethernet)

maybe there is something to do with the fact that i have reinstalled my SBSettings pannel and Open SSH couple of days ago when i started to get " accessory does not work with iPhone" popups and sound cuts?

maybe i am missing some essential file for SSH to work properly?

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

do you have OpenSSH installed?
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabprogramma View Post
    do you have OpenSSH installed?

Its all started two days ago when i got annoying
    message "Accessory does not made to work with iPhone...etc and lost my iPhone sound...
    so i panicked and removed SBSettings and OpenSSH for testing if it would improve the situation...

Since removing them didnt solve the pop up/sound problem,
    i have reinstalled SBSettings and OpenSSH via Cydia ...

but than i could not SSH into my iPhone anymore...

while it was a peace of cacke before using Cyberduck.

something went wrong?

Try re-installing OpenSSH

Thanks

From the message it sounds like you're not SSH'ing but your SFTP'ing. I don't have my hackintosh handy but is there an option to use SCP as opposed to SFTP? I know this makes a difference on Windows boxes. If you don't choose SCP it defaults to SFTP.

^+1. I didnt even think about that. I am sure that is the problem he is having.

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    From the message it sounds like you're not SSH'ing but your SFTP'ing. I don't have my hackintosh handy but is there an option to use SCP as opposed to SFTP? I know this makes a difference on Windows boxes. If you don't choose SCP it defaults to SFTP.
    i am using Cyberduck client (OSX) ... i ve used it before with no probs:

connection settings :

SFTP (SSH File transfer Protocol)
    server : iphone IP
    user: root
    pass: *** ive changed it from alpine to a different
    path: /

hmm, i don't get something..
    maybe i'll try to reinstall OpenSSH again?

Yes, try that

Reinstalled OpenSSH, rebooted iPhone , tryed to connect via Terminal on OSX , connection refused by remote host message...
    Is there a way to test if SSH is working right on the terminal in iPhone or something?
    maybe also to check if something is blocking the port 22?

Thanks
    @jazzroom: I'm having this same problem you're having, I've tried every possible solution out there, at first I did get it to work by reinstalling OpenSSH through Cydia, and restarting Cyberduck, but now it's not working anymore, this is soooo frustrating, I've got a lot of videos on Cycorder that I wanted to transfer to my macbook and I haven't been able to do it because of this stupid issue, please someone come up with a solution!!!

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with an update from Cydia, because before I updated it everything was working perfectly...

OpenSSH installed through Cydia (reinstalled it, removed it and then reinstalled it again, kept on repeting this several times)
    My iPhone and my MacBook are running on the same network.
    On Cyberduck I try to connect my device through SFTP (SSH FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL)
    I keep on getting this error on Cyberduck

I/O Error: Connection failed
    sftp://[email protected]
    Premature connection close

Please help us out!!!

EDIT
    iPhone Explorer did the job
    Last edited by esedaddy; 04-23-2010 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Im having the same problem..."Connection refused" Any solutions??

Default This Worked For Me
    I would try uninstalling OpenSSH one more time (and then reboot, NOT respring, afterward), but after it is removed, use something like iPhoneBrowser or iPhoneExplorer (mac) to see if there is an /private/etc/ssh directory. If there is, delete EVERYTHING in it as well as the directory itself. After that, reinstall OpenSSH and try one more time to make a connection.

The first time you attempt to make a connection after doing this, it may take longer than normal as it will need to generate a new set of RSA keys from scratch for itself again. Subsequent connections should be fast.

Also, I have noticed something on my 3GS (which I'm pretty sure was not the case on my 3G, but I'll have to double-check): if I connect the phone up to the network via WiFi, even after it gets an IP address, the phone is not immediately accessible after that. I will not be able to ping the IP address of the phone or make any sort of connection to the phone from outside UNTIL I have asked the phone to make an outbound connection (for example, open up Safari and go to a website). Not sure why this is.

Same problem here. Started a couple of months ago. I gave up and started using IPhoneBrowser. Started a thread about it back then, same suggestions, nothing worked. I too think its something with cydia. I used winscp all the time, then one day it quit working. Nothing on my phone or my computer had been changed. Good luck!

SSH with WinSCP
    Last edited by vtx106; 05-18-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Ok. It seems a little too late, but this thread appears unsolved.

Those of you who where able to flawlessly SSH into your hacktivated iPhones in the past, but recently became unable to do so, most likely got infected with the "ikee" worm. In the following link there's a nice interview with the author of the worm, explaining why and how he did it, and how to get rid of it.

JD's Thoughts on Everything.: Interview with ikee (iPhone Virus Creator) - ikee virus removal details enclosed

I'm one of those who didn't RTFM and got the worm. Today I found this link and could get rid of the worm. Now I'm back to normal SSH.

Whatever you do, don't forget to change your iPhone root password.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by chanquete; 07-25-2010 at 10:07 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to chanquete For This Useful Post:

calvin_gsc (03-20-2011)

I too cannot ssh into my phone anymore, neither can I ping my phone anymore. Ive followed the steps above but to no avail I still cant login or ping. I didnt change my root password. Maybe it got hacked but none of those files are there in the post mentioned above. Ive set static IP, renewed IP but I still cannot access via ssh. I can get in via iPhone Browser

I just restored my phone to factory default. Still cannot ping my iphone. I jailbroke and installed openssh and ssh still isnt working.

So I just an adhoc network on my laptop and connected my iphone and I was able to ping / ssh into the phone
    Last edited by Cheekz185; 08-08-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast