Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Wifi Problem

Default iPhone 3G Wifi Problem
    My iPhone 3G gives my very low wifi problem. I tried resetting Network Settings and i still have the same problem. What can i do?

I am not understanding your issue?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

maybe u need to be nearer to the router
    mine also is low cause my room is opposite thhe router on the second floor

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

also besides distance, depends on whats in the way

in my house we have the central heating, my PC then my Laptop all in the way before the iPhone,, not that the PC and Laptop would make much differance but brick walls certainly do

Take your phone to apple and exchange it ...it is broken, I have the same problem with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    also besides distance, depends on whats in the way

in my house we have the central heating, my PC then my Laptop all in the way before the iPhone,, not that the PC and Laptop would make much differance but brick walls certainly do
    You should change the channel your router is on or get a wireless range expander for your house.

Quote Originally Posted by emb4 View Post
    Take your phone to apple and exchange it ...it is broken, I have the same problem with mine.
    I do not think his phone is broken. It sounds like his issue stems from low signal in his home.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

No its nothing to do with the router. I have Nokia 5530 and i can recieve wifi signal on it without any problems. My iPhone which i hold in the same hand as my Nokia phone, wont recieve any wifi signal. If i go nearer to the router then i can recieve the wifi signal. My Laptop and Computer which are downstairs can recieve the wifi signal.

Its only my iPhone thats the problem. Could it be the wifi chip inside the phone, im considering buying a replacement.

It is possible, but you may also try restoring the phone first. Are you Jailbroken? Blackra1n?

Yes, its Jailbroken via Blackra1n method. I tried to restore, well you mean reset the iPhone dont ya? Well reset didnt work for me, it crashed my iPhone and booted into Safe Mode.

PS: Im on 3.1.2, so if i restore it via iTunes, i might end up with a 3.1.3 Firmware which isn't Jailbreak-able.

Hi guys, I have the same problem, it looks like my wifi was disable cuz it was gray out. It simply displays No WiFi. I have the jailbreak and unlock iphone 3GS with 3.1.2 firmware and I was using T-Mobile. One day the battery went out, the phone went to restored mode, I ran blackra1n but didn't help. Blackra1n displays the message "Wait for Iphone to reboot" on my comp. but the Iphone never does, iphone goes back to restore mode. I tried to restore selecting custom firmware 3.1.2 via itunes, I got "Error code 23", back to restore mode. Finally I tried redsn0w 0.9.4, I was able to get out of recovery mode but now my WiFi is just not there, IMEI, ICCID, and Modem Firmware are blanks. There is no blackra1n icon in my phone; since there is no WiFi, I am not able to use any program to unlock it, so ofcourse it displays No Service. Itunes keeps asking me to restore and I know that I will get that "error code 23" again if I do a restore. So basically, I am screw.....I am ready to smash this freaking iphone and I am so despereate guys....I'll try anything to get this thing works. I'm willing to learn....so just shoot....teach me....Thanks guys...