Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Basic iTunes Question - Help Please

Default Basic iTunes Question - Help Please
    I imagine many people have had this same problem. I had to reinstall the OS on my PC and as a result iTunes got wiped out and needed to be reinstalled. After reinstalling iTunes I did a back up from my iPhone and then I tried to sync songs and applications. As soon as I did that it told me it would remove everything from the phone and replace it with the contents of the iTunes library, which in this case is nothing. Short of losing all the applications and music on my iPhone, is there anything else I can do so that I can start syncing my iPhone with iTunes again? And is there any way to transfer all my music and applications from the iPhone back into iTunes?

Cheers...

Make sure both accounts are the same on the iPhone and iTunes. After that then authorize the computer and there should be an option to redownload the purchased items. I can't think of the name of the option at the moment.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

you could also use share pod and pull your music back to your computer, add it back to itunes and so on
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

marcbkk (02-27-2010)

Cheers guys. cerote's suggestion worked for the programs, but not for the music. And after doing that 5 times they don't let you do it anymore. That was my 4th time so I am running out of strikes for the future.

I downloaded a bunch of 3rd party programs. The only one that worked so far is Copy Trans, which works well and fast for copying the music. The trial version is only good for 100 songs though. So I am sort of stuck unless I want to buy the program.

Sharepod Rocks! And doesn't keep the iPhone screen turned on either like most of them do when they are accessing the iPhone which is nice

Good call!
    Last edited by marcbkk; 02-27-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

FYI...once you reach 5 authorized computers iTunes then gives you the option to reset the authorizations to zero from which you can start over again.

That is interesting. If one can reset it after 5 times then what is the purpose of the restriction in the first place do you think?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcbkk View Post
    That is interesting. If one can reset it after 5 times then what is the purpose of the restriction in the first place do you think?

its a conspiracy man,,,,,,,

It de-autherizes the 5 that were used. So if you have more than 5 devices it is rough. Cause you add another and it wll clear the list and take the 5 you did have out.