+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Inserted Sim = Frozen iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Every time I insert my sim card, my jb iphone freezes. Everything worked fine until last night after I made a few uninstalls from Rock. If I don't insert the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Inserted Sim = Frozen iPhone
    Every time I insert my sim card, my jb iphone freezes. Everything worked fine until last night after I made a few uninstalls from Rock. If I don't insert the sim, all features work fine except I do not have phone or sms functionality. Pls help!

3G 8GB ver3.1.2
    ATT Wireless
    Last edited by Just Joe; 02-26-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks

Restore???

fixes all problems and start from scratch installing things again

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dantehman1 For This Useful Post:

Just Joe (03-02-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try rebooting,Sync with iTunes and if all these didnot fix it,Try reseting one by one under Reset.Reset on a jailbroken iPhone is not recomended but if you could you may not have to restore. And beware of Rock and Don't install Rock again.even try to avoid apps using Rock extensions.Rock is associated with Problems.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hellodrsoul For This Useful Post:

Just Joe (03-02-2010)

Thanks

Hmm I don't use rock exclusively, but I don't have any issues with it. Try resetting just network stuff. If you click reset everything it's essentially like restoring your phone. What did you uninstall?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

Just Joe (03-02-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes. I have reset multiple times (~12) and every time the unit works fine until I insert the sim. It tries to reboot a few seconds after the bars show up. Then it just freezes. I try resetting with sim inserted but it never gets past the lock screen - always trying to reboot.

btw - Thanks for the heads-up regarding Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Hmm I don't use rock exclusively, but I don't have any issues with it. Try resetting just network stuff. If you click reset everything it's essentially like restoring your phone. What did you uninstall?
    I know how to hard reset, but how do you reset just certain items (pls explain).

I wanted to free up some memory so I started taking out stuff I installed previously like SBSettings, MultiIcon Mover, Categories, Backgrounder, Themes, and a couple of others I don't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by hellodrsoul View Post
    Try rebooting,Sync with iTunes and if all these didnot fix it,Try reseting one by one under Reset.Reset on a jailbroken iPhone is not recomended but if you could you may not have to restore. And beware of Rock and Don't install Rock again.even try to avoid apps using Rock extensions.Rock is associated with Problems.
    What do you mean by "resetting one by one under reset"?
    Last edited by Just Joe; 02-26-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Joe,

I'm having an exact problem. I too removed some apps from cydia or rock and now my iPhone freezes if the SIM card is inserted. Please let me know if you got yours fixed. I'm trying to fix mine. If I figure it out I'll post here.

Thanks,
    Q
    3G/16GB/3.1.2

I ended up updating to 3.1.3 using iTunes so I can use the phone for now as I need the phone. I might either jb it or get a new model iPhone and be done with it.
    Last edited by qnPhone; 04-08-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost