Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help! used jailbroken unlocked iphone

Default help! used jailbroken unlocked iphone
    And it still has the old user's crap in it, and I can't figure out how to delete his music library or change his itunes account, or anything like that.

I am a TOTAL NOOB at the iphone, and I've only had it a couple of hours. It is a 2G version, running 3.1 software (I think). I'm afraid to "reset" anything because I don't want to have to jailbreak it or unlock it again (if that's possible just by resetting it).

Can someone please help? I saw the sticky, but it applies to 2.x firmwares and I don't want to screw up anything.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

thanks for the quick reply, but I don't want to have re-jailbreak or unlock the phone, is there an easier way to delete all of his contacts? He has some pretty cool apps already installed, so I'd like to keep those, I just want to delete out his 1000 contacts (literally hundreds and hundreds)

I did figure out how to sign him out of itunes and I'm not signed in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

ssh into /private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook
    and delete everythin

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.