Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: remove icy from 3g 3.1.2

Default remove icy from 3g 3.1.2
    I just updated my 3g running on tmobile usa from 3.0 up to 3.1.2 using pwnage tool 3.1.4 and for some reason it decided to instal both cydia and icy, and i cant seem to get rid of icy.
    Ive searched on here for others with the same problem and they were told to use cydelete, which i have already tried and it does not really delete icy/ Icy always comes back as soon as springboard is restarted.
    Ive also tried to delete the actualy icy.app folder through ssh and it would not delete from there.
    So anyone else have a better suggestion for getting rid of icy?
    Last edited by marcky96; 02-06-2010 at 01:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Try to rejailbreak w./o ...Wait, is Icy causing you problems or do you just not like it?
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

It hasnt caused any problems yet so i dont want to go as far as to rejailbreak it, i just dont use it and dont want it to cause any problems in the future.

Thanks

Icy shouldn't cause any problems...What do you mean you cant delete the .app folder?

Fugu says something along the lines of "couldnt remove directory: failure"
    And ive read a few posts of people gettings problems caused by having both cydia and icy installed.

Thanks

Not really anymore, I have them both installed, and Rock too and no problems...But if you're worried than try to use iFile or WinSCP to delete the .app folder or rejailbreak...I don't see any future problems for you though. As long as your Cydia opened right the first time, Icy shouldn't have any problems with it. Most Icy/Cydia problems are from redsn0w, and the old version of it. Wait...ur on a mac. Try CyberDuck!