+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1604 Error when trying to restore.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Alright so I'm kinda screwed at the moment. I have an Apple appointment tomorrow at 11:10, and I can't restore my phone to get rid of my jailbreak - it
    Thanks

Default 1604 Error when trying to restore.
    Alright so I'm kinda screwed at the moment. I have an Apple appointment tomorrow at 11:10, and I can't restore my phone to get rid of my jailbreak - it is a brick at the moment. It just gets stuck on the 'preparing iPhone for restore' for about 10 minutes then comes up with the error. Anybody have any idea what's causing this? And a fix?

Okay that made no sense. I was putting my phone in DFU mode over an over an over again trying to get the thing to restore, an it wouldn't. For the hell of it I put it in Recovery Mode instead [where it shows the icon on the phone to plug it into iTunes] - an I hit restore an it got passed the Preparing iPhone for Restore an is now restoring. I just hope it's as clean of a restore as hitting shift/restore an manually selecting the FW. Can anyone vouch for this?
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 02-06-2010 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

DMT
    Thanks

download 3.1.2 firmware from here... just hit shift then restore and use ipsw 3.1.2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    I put it in Recovery Mode instead [where it shows the icon on the phone to plug it into iTunes] - an I hit restore an it got passed the Preparing iPhone for Restore an is now restoring. I just hope it's as clean of a restore as hitting shift/restore an manually selecting the FW. Can anyone vouch for this?
    Shift+Restore is NOT the normal way lol. The normal way is to just hit restore. So Yes, this is as clean.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME