Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: updating from 2.1 to 3.x ???

Exclamation updating from 2.1 to 3.x ???
    Hi all..
    have a generation 1 iPhone that yes is jailbroken and has some apps on same, as well as many ringtones and music -- all of course 'stored' in my iTunes account.

but I'm still running 2.1....and I've a major problem -- oh the phone runs fine...but there is an APP that I just must have for biz....and it will NOT install unless I'm running 3.0 at least...

so, first, "can" my iPhone be upgraded via my iTunes account? ie a gen 1 iPhone?

what will "happen" to Cydia et al, ie all the items I've added? ie Winterboard themes etc? if they disappear I could care less, as I NEED that 3.x app big time!

lastly, is there any downside to running the most recent version from iTunes?

Jim

iPhone? More like MyPhone andydlux's Avatar
    Thanks

first off i am no expert on this but here my experience... my girlfriend has a first gen iphone and updated hers to 3.1.2 and runs fine she also didn`t loose any apps or cydia. everything was still there. i still would urge u to do a proper backup of all ur data on ur phone which u should do anyway

if u do it over itunes now dont upgrate to the new 3.1.3 version which just came out cause u wont be able to jailbrake it as the 3.1.3 is to new but feel free to upgrate to 3.1.2 blackra1n will work just fine with that.

not sure how u can upgrate over itunes with not using the new3.1.3 but im sure u can google it easy

again do not upgrate to 3.1.3 the latest version everything beneath is cool.
    hope that helped. if u can ask a few more people though