Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3Gs V 3.1.2 7D11 stuck at Apple logo!! Can't restore to 3.1.2! Help!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation iPhone 3Gs V 3.1.2 7D11 stuck at Apple logo!! Can't restore to 3.1.2! Help!!
    I'm using iPhone 3Gs V 3.1.2 7D11. Tonight I just remove the reflective dock app from "91 Panda Space" (China App like CYDIA). It's want me to restart springboard so I did it and not coming back to homescreen. So, I waited a long time about 2 hour, it go on to apple logo and stuck at this. Can't see in the iTunes also.
    How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki
    I'd test it and it's start to recognize my phone. But when I restore it want me to RESTORE AND UPGRATE So, I used Shift+restore to custom firmware. It won't let me restore. I'm in Singapore and I think phone is already unlock. But I like to Jailbreak. What should I do? Must I upgrade to 3.1.3 and I afarid I can't jailbreak again Please Help me

Thanks

The 3Gs' can not be restored to any version other than the latest available from Apple. The only was around it is if you have your previous version SHSH files stored via Cydia or manually.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

soti (02-04-2010)

if you have them stored via cydia, what do you do from there? i have exact same problem. only cydia says my shsh is stored.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea! It's right. But in my iPhone Cydia, I can see this device has SHSH file on iPhone. But I don't know how to save it. So I didn't do anything. Can I take that thing now(phone doesn't start) with iPhone browser or something? Or I heard Jailbreak method(redsn0w) for 3.1.3 is released
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...s-3-1-2-a.html
    Should I upgrade and used that method to Jailbreak again?? Plz help!! I have no phone to used during this period(have to borrow from friend). Thanks alot for helping me Simtech.

Saurik twittered about 25mins ago that: "If anyone had trouble using an 'on file' SHSH from Cydia's TSS server today, please try again: I am in the middle of a database migration"

This may have affected your restore of 3.1.2 if you had your SHSH on file.
    Suggest you try again, and if doesnt work - wait for few hours and try then.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to murray23 For This Useful Post:

soti (02-04-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    I had try that. But how do I edit the hosts file???

It is too late to get 3.1.2 signed by the server now.

If you had one on file with Cydia (open up Cydia and at top of page it will list if you have SHSH on file).

To edit hosts file - just open it with text editor - I just used notepad on Windows

See this great post by cmdshft that explains the whole situation with new firmware etc: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post5111675

iTunes doesn't sign the files on it's own. It phones home to gs.apple.com and signs a few blob files to customize your firmware using your ECID. All Apple has to do is tell it's servers to stop accepting ECID sign requests from certain firmwares and when iTunes phones home it will be denied the request and the restore fails.

Saurik's servers use gs.apple.com to grab your ECID files, and does this automatically for each firmware release, whether it's installed on your device or not. All you have to do is allow Cydia to do so, if you haven't done so you will see a prompt on the page that shows when Cydia first loads. You can't miss this, you have to be blind or retarded to miss it.

You then follow the instructions on saurik's site ( Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) ), edit your hosts file to redirect gs.apple.com to 74.208.10.249 (a Cydia TSS server) and you're set. You can ALWAYS downgrade to the firmwares that you have SHSH blobs on file for in Cydia.

If you've done this and you upgrade to 3.1.3, you can downgrade your OS to 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2 as long as you have one of those SHSH's on file (if you allowed Cydia to do so at 3.0, then you will have all those and 3.1.3 as well for when and if it's jailbroken). If you don't have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file (or ignored that prompt until now), then you are now too late and cannot ever restore back to 3.1.2 no matter what you do as Apple's servers have stopped signing 3.1.2 and Cydia can no longer grab SHSH's for that firmware.

I hope this clears things up. It pains me to see news posts that lack such vital information.
    Last edited by murray23; 02-04-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to murray23 For This Useful Post:

soti (02-04-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can see that phrase This device has SHSH file on iphone. But my iPhone is now stuck at apple logo and can't restore to 3.1.2 I only can restore and upgrade to 3.1.3 like iTunes said. I'd done Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) and not start doing. What must I do??

So when you did it - you were definitely in DFU mode as described in Sauriks post?:

"Performing the Restore

Now, one would have hoped that the process would be as easy as "restore using the 3.0 IPSW". If only we were that lucky. The first problem is that a downgrade from 3.1 to 3.0 must be initiated in DFU mode.

So, we begin: hold down the lock and menu buttons (some call these the power and home buttons) for 10 seconds, letting go of the lock button but continuing to hold menu until iTunes recognizes the device with the message: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.".

Note that, at this point, your iPhone's screen should be entirely black. Many people confuse "DFU" with "recovery" (and in fact, iTunes itself glosses over this), but they are quite different. If you see anything on your screen, such as the iTunes logo and a sync cable, or a cartoon of Steve Jobs swearing in Cyrillic, you are in recovery mode and need to try again. One can find videos online that may help."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to murray23 For This Useful Post:

soti (02-04-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whoo....
    Now I can restore to 3.1.2 7D11 using Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) Thanks to all people who help me. Last question. Can I use Blackra1n to jailbreak my newly restored iPhone again? Thanks to all, thanks thanks thanks

if you are back on 3.1.2 again - then yes you can jailbreak with Blackra1n again as normal.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to murray23 For This Useful Post:

soti (02-04-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks man. Thanks a lot. Do u have some software(free or with price)? I'll exactly buy the software who help me in this post. But I don't have paypal. I can also donate to those people. Cuz I'm so happy to get 3.1.2 back. Just post me the link. I'll buy if I like it or need it. Thanks to all.

Why dont you just donate to Saurik for Cydia & SHSH service, Geohot for the Blackra1n jailbreak etc, these are the real people responsible for this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm going to donate to Saurik for Cydia now. Thanks to all. I'm now really modmyi and all people in this site. Very helpful. Thanks murray23. I'm now going to jailbreak with Blackra1n. When I get back Cydia, I'll donate to it. Thanks.

Welcome - I am happy to help, glad you got it working again on 3.1.2!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to murray23 For This Useful Post:

soti (02-04-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey. How to save that SHSH on file?? Do I need to save that for further usage?

See here for more details: [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)

If you have it on file with Cydia - you should be fine, but some people like to have it stored locally too.

Hey guys,
    Ok so I have an iphone 3gs jailbroken and unlocked with blackra1n which was running on firmware 3.1.2! I have never had the reboot problem as its been unteethered and been usng this phone since december.For some reason all of a sudden it went off. When it came back on it kept getting stuck at the iphone logo. I tried to do a restore to 3.1.2 and of course apple won't let it work!
    SO I done some research and read about the loop problem. I got irecovery to work and even got to the irecovery prompt. However when I do printenv, nothing comes up!
    When I run the whole:
    setenv
    auto-boot true
    saveenv
    /exit or reboot or fsboot

It reboots but goes back into the loop again. I donít think I have the cydia shsh thing so I really don't know whatís going on. I can't restore it to 3.1.3 cos otherwise I won't be able to unlock it.

Can anyone help me? I don't know how it managed to get into this loop and for now it seems I can't get it out! It's driving me crazy and now I have no phone!

Please please help!!!!!!

Also I forgot to mention,
    because this iphone 3gs used to use the old unteethered jailbreak , is it worth trying the snowbreeze jailbreak (http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze...3gs-3.1.3/)and blackra1ning?

Tis is only if I have no other option!
    Last edited by loham1; 04-19-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

To nickhessen or green apple
    I did a reset on network setting to my iphone 3.1.2 3GS got the apple logo stuck on it... Then got it to read itunes again but it will only restore to 3.1.3... As soon as I saw that I didn't bother restoring it. Should I just leave it alone for now... I know I have my 3.1.2 files saved on cydia...

If there was a way to downgrade itunes to 9.0 than using saurik's redirect gs.apple.com to 74.208.10.249 (a Cydia TSS server)

Will this work??????

As of now I never upgraded or tried anything??? Whats the best thing to do Nick????