+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Moving from iPod Touch to iPhone 3GS ?s

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi. I have had a 16GB iPod Touch (jailbroken) for about the last year. I love my device, and I take it everywhere with me. My current cell phone provider
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Moving from iPod Touch to iPhone 3GS ?s
    Hi. I have had a 16GB iPod Touch (jailbroken) for about the last year. I love my device, and I take it everywhere with me.

My current cell phone provider contract will be ending Feb 10th, and I intend to run, not walk, to another carrier! I am counting the days! I am thinking I should just go ahead and get an iPhone. It will be like having my phone built into my iPod touch! But I have 3 questions at this point!

#1. Does anyone know what Firmware would be on a 3G(S) I would purchase next week? If I can not jailbreak it, then I honestly do not want it, and I gather 3.1.3 is not yet jailbroken. (I am A-OK with the teathered JB for 3.1.2)

#2. On my iPod, I have this nifty little app called Notebooks 2.6. I have a few files saved with this app. Is there anyway to move them from the iPod to the new iPhone? SSH off one then onto the other? I guess what I need to know is, how do I find them in order to try it? Or am I hoping for too much? LOL

#3. For the apps I have purchased from iTunes App Store, will I have to repurchase these for the iPhone? Or will I be able to get them again at no cost? On one hand, it seems I should pay for the App on a 2nd device, but on the other, I will be moving to the 2nd device exclusively, so I should be able to have my purchased apps follow?

Thanks to anyone who can offer some guidance! I'd like to have all my ducks in a row BEFORE I buy the phone!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i would hold off and see if they release a new iphone, the new 3gs will have the new baseband so no unlock but i think you can still jailbreak it, and if your going to us att you should be fine. i dont know about your notes. But im pretty sure you would have to re purchase your apps, unless you can finagle apple to give them to you for your iphone.. good luck!
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

BumbleBeez (02-04-2010)

Thanks

I would be going with AT&T, so no unlock would be needed. Just a jailbreak, so the base band doesn't really worry me, just the firmware!

Is there a guess as to when the new iPhones will be out?

Thanks!

Thanks

There is an extremely good chance of you getting a 3.1.2 device. 3.1.3 just came out a couple days ago

Thanks

Yep, it had 3.1.2 on it.

and is now officially jailbroken!

So now, I guess I am safe unless I need to restore for any reason. Then I gather I will be forced to upgrade to 3.1.3.