+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to backup ECID/SHSH please help quick!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I'm reading everywhere that I need to backup my 3GS ECID so I can restore to 3.1.2 in the future. I don't see anything written about it on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to backup ECID/SHSH please help quick!
    Hi all,

I'm reading everywhere that I need to backup my 3GS ECID so I can restore to 3.1.2 in the future. I don't see anything written about it on Cydia's homepage like some people mentioned and on Rock I pressed "Save 3GS SHSH for 3.1.2 Restore (Saurik)" and it loads a page with nothing on it. Does this mean it was unsuccusful?? Please help ASAP I don't want to be stopped from using 3.1.2!

Thanks so much!

Thanks

Does it say anything on the top of your opening Cydia page?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Does it say anything on the top of your opening Cydia page?
    no, nothing I'm really starting to get worried

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

You should have a button then on the front page of Cydia with a Heart that says, Make my Life Easier. Press that! If you do not see that, then contact Saurik.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If all else fails, go here The Firmware Umbrella and here [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH) and get the shsh yourself. You can then store it on your computer and run all you need to downgrade your iPhone OS from there as well if the need arises.

Personally, I do both. Have it on Cydia and my computer as well. Might as well be cautious.
    Last edited by dhamien; 02-03-2010 at 09:44 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

murray23 (02-04-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    If all else fails, go here The Firmware Umbrella and here [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH) and get the shsh yourself. You can then store it on your computer and run all you need to downgrade your iPhone OS from there as well if the need arises.

Personally, I do both. Have it on Cydia and my computer as well. Might as well be cautious.
    can u believe I even tried that and it still didn't work? please does anyone have any advice

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's too late now. Apple has stopped signing 3.1.2 so unless you have it on Cydia, there'll be no way to get it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you read the blog for that umbrella site, it mentions that umbrella will no longer work for 3.1.2 because Apple has stopped signing 3.1.2 so even umbrella can't get the shsh files any longer.

Those who have upgraded the 3GS and have no ECID/SHSH on record in Cydia are out of luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funcritter View Post
    If you read the blog for that umbrella site, it mentions that umbrella will no longer work for 3.1.2 because Apple has stopped signing 3.1.2 so even umbrella can't get the shsh files any longer.

Those who have upgraded the 3GS and have no ECID/SHSH on record in Cydia are out of luck.
    thanks for the reply but I did these things before apple stopped signing the apps. I rlly don't get whats up with my iPhone and why i was apparently one of the only ppl who couldn't get it signed

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well there is no way to do this in Cydia either and that hasn't been possible for a long time.

You are pretty much out of luck untill a jailbreak/unlock is possible. Could be a week, could be months, maybe never.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3Gs with 3.1.2: I have ECID saved on Cydia. Is there anyway to still save ECID and whatever else needed to my PC as well. Don't want to run into a deadend if my iPhone bricks in the future. Thanks.

Thanks

There is no point in having it saved on your computer. Cydia first off is the safest place for it. Second, having it on your computer will do you absolutely no good as you need to have these hosted on a server in the correct way so that when iTunes checks your firmware the server can send back the signature blobs for your device,

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just had some cobwebs about this. I have it saved on Cydia. However, if I have to restore my iPhone, what is the procedure concerning Cydia. In the past, restoring the iPhone caused me having to re-install everything from a virgin restore. Is that because I did not have ******* activated?
    Will Cydia still be installed as will the other apps if I have them "synced" on iTunes? Thanks for any info/help.

Thanks

First, dont use ******* anymore on future updates.
    You can use ann app called PKGBackup to back up all of your cydia apps and it goes along with SBOrganizer which backups your springboard layout. If you sync your iPhone with your computer, all off your information should be saved and you will be able to sync all of your information back onto your phone after a restore.

Now, if you have not restored your phone since your ECID SHSH was stored with cydia, you will need to set up your iTunes to verify with Saurik's server. There is a thread concerning all of this:
    http://www.saurik.com/id/12

Or set up your own server:
    [Howto] Setup local 3GS restore verification server (ECID SHSH)
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-10-2010 at 08:39 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

gettysburg (02-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks greatly. Concerning PKGBackup and SBOrganizer, I suppose I cannot activate these while already having ******* activated. Am I correct in assuming that if I attempt this, it will cause a conflict? Should I just leave well enough alone and just follow tutorial to verify Saurik's server in iTunes? Basic questions, but definitely do not want to "Brick" by doing something "dumb".

Thanks

You are not going to cause a brick. Bricking is a thing of the past. You should use PKGBackup and SBOrganizer, great tools!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

gettysburg (02-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks once again. I just didn't want to cause it to freeze up as it did before after installing an app. I don't know how to undo ******* and other apps suggested back in my "learning phase". I was leary of adding PKGBackup and SBOrganizer fearing a conflict. If they will work, then no problem. Also following Saurik's tutorial for verifying his server: The last file "host" when opened with Wordpad, seems to be just an explanation. Saurik says to add his addy at the bottom of this file. If that is incorrect, then how will I know that it is not working. Again, sorry about these "newbie" questions from an old fart.

Thanks

If you did not do it the right way the worst that will happen is your phone wont restore to the previous firmware. So then just go back and try to find the solution

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

gettysburg (02-10-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why does my Cydia home page say it has 3.1.3 for SHSH on file when my phone says it is 3.1.2 ?? my modem is 5.11.07. does this mean my phone was downgraded? I cant ever restore to 3.1.2 now?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My Cydia says 3.1.3 while I am at 3.1.2/5.11.07 and I can restore with custom 3.1.2 if I really put the phone in restore mode (showing USB+iTunes), the hosts file should be modified by inserting this 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com otherwise iTunes will say "...not eligible to...".
    Last edited by aneagle; 03-20-2010 at 10:12 PM.