+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: been ripped off on ebay, got funny faults

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi , please help, ive just spent a fortune on an iphone on ebay that i was told worked perfect and was unlocked. Ive tried to use my t-mobile sim
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default been ripped off on ebay, got funny faults
    Hi , please help, ive just spent a fortune on an iphone on ebay that i was told worked perfect and was unlocked. Ive tried to use my t-mobile sim and im getting the following faults. When i make a call my earphone rings until the other person picks up then it goes dead, i have to press speaker phone on then off again and it works fine. is this a known fault? Ive tried a restore and that hasnt fixed it. please help me as im out of pocket and the seller doesnt want to know. Im using a mac but it was originally unlocked on windows using ibrikr apparently.

I also cannot recieve text messages but i can seem to send them ok. Im looking for a way to fix this too if possible.

Im on T-Mobile uk and my sim is a 3g one from my nokia N95. im certain that this is software related as the hardware does seem to work.

Many thanks in advance for all help recieved.

Mark

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Perhaps the problem lies in the fact that you are using a 3G-simcard in a 2G-phone. I dont know why you are getting strange errors, it should just not work, but I'm guessing.

Call up your provider and have them send you a 2G-simcard and hopefully it should work. Otherwise, but only if you are certain that the problem lies in the iPhone and not in the way you are using it, you should contact ebay/paypal about the purchase.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i unfortunately paid cash so i have no comeback from paypal. Ive spoken to t-mobile and they were really unhelpful. they said that the 3g sim wouldnt cause the problems. any ideas greatfully recieved, thanks for your reply.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxjoebreadxx's Avatar
    Thanks

You could fully restore the Phone back to its "Locked" State, (There are a number of posts on how to do that here.) Then try to unlock it again with a different unlocker. What app did he use to unlock it? I'm using T-Mobile and I'm working fine %100 fine, as are a ton of other people. Ask him what app he used to unlock the phone.