+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows 7 Autoplay

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So previously Windows 7 autoplay would import my pictures and videos every time I plugged in my Iphone. Now it doesn't. I am on Windows 7x64 Ultimate, Iphone 3gs jailbroken
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Windows 7 Autoplay
    So previously Windows 7 autoplay would import my pictures and videos every time I plugged in my Iphone. Now it doesn't. I am on Windows 7x64 Ultimate, Iphone 3gs jailbroken with Blackra1n. I have tried all of the routine things like removing driver and letting it reinstall, resetting autoplay options to default, manually selecting import in autoplay. I'm not exactly sure when it broke. I'm thinking that maybe it used to work when I had Windows 7x64beta and when I loaded Windows 7Retail it broke. I'm not sure on that though. The other thing people have mentioned is that installing an HP printer breaks it..So I uninstalled my printer but that changed nothing also. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am guessing - but maybe try adding "afc2add" from Cydia - this might help with USB connection?? Honestly though I dont know - could try and test it..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yeah I already have that so thats not it...Good idea though...Anyone else?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Turns out it was unchecking the ItunesHelper from startup that kills this process from working. All better now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirooga View Post
    Turns out it was unchecking the ItunesHelper from startup that kills this process from working. All better now.
    How do I "check" or "uncheck" the ItunesHelper from startup. I have the same problem, but I don't understand any part of the quoted solution. I found the ItunesHelper program. Does startup mean the programs that begin upon powering up? Or does it mean a program placed somewhere special in my startup menu. Can anyone help? I've got an iphone that has no more room. I've got to download photos and I don't want a backdoor method. I just want it to work like it did on my older computer using, gulp, Vista.

Thank you!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Run msconfig from the start menu then click startup and uncheck the box