+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot remove GRiP from Cydia queue

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I installed GRiP from the podulo.us repo and now Cydia keeps GRiP from the Spazio repo in the queue. When it tries to install it, it gives some overwrite error
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cannot remove GRiP from Cydia queue
    I installed GRiP from the podulo.us repo and now Cydia keeps GRiP from the Spazio repo in the queue. When it tries to install it, it gives some overwrite error and doesnt install over the GRiP already installed from podulo. Both are the same and have the same version number.

I've tried:

Clearing the queue with GRiP alone in it
    Clearing it with some other package in the queue as well
    Uninstalling the GRiP from podulo (it first tries to install the Spazio GRiP before removing the podulo one and fails, not allowing it to go any further)

This is very annoying as it requires a respring everytime after it fails and sometimes it is at the top of the queue and fails and stops before anything else in the queue can be installed!

How can I manually remove it from the queue?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

K remove the podulo repo. Then remove growl. Then install the repo again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    K remove the podulo repo. Then remove growl. Then install the repo again.
    nope

since it was added by the podulo source package, i have to remove the package that installed it.

It's removal gets added under the installation of GRiP in the queue so it tries to install GRiP first, fails, and makes me respring and doesnt remove the repo!

this is what I get when trying to remove the repo package

Last edited by DaMan05; 12-29-2009 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks

No just removethe podulo repo. This has happened to me b4 remove the repo first then try to uninstall

Thanks

No just removethe podulo repo. This has happened to me b4 remove the repo first then try to uninstall
    If a repo has been installed by a repo package, like from the repository section in Cydia, it can only be uninstalled by uninstalling the package.

Only the manually added ones can be removed by swiping to delete in the manage sources section.

Is there a way to manually remove the source another way?

Thanks

Ssh
    private/var/lib/apt/lists
    and delete podulo file

Thanks

Ssh
    private/var/lib/apt/lists
    and delete podulo file
    that succesfully removed the repo, but again i couldnt remove grip from the queue and i couldnt uninstall the podulo (now its from unknown/local) grip either because it tries to install the spazio one first and makes me respring.

is there no file that contains the cydia queue and i can remove grip from there?

Thanks

I think ur out of luck. Restore but backup first.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had this exact same thing happen to me and I have found the answer... You have to get into your phone, ifile or SSH and delete a certain file...

private/var/lib/dpkg/info

com.zijric.grippreferences.list or something like that I wasn't paying close enough attention I guess, but then the error was resolved in CYDIA and everything works like normal, I know its a late responce, but I hope it helps...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pilkman7 For This Useful Post:

Conquest3.0 (01-07-2010), It's Mi (11-23-2010), SickWalrusman (05-17-2010), soidog2 (10-24-2010), una (08-12-2010)

Thanks

Nice job

Thanks

Thanks! Not too late. I'm extremely busy right now but I'm gonna try this when I get the chance.

Thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pilkman7 View Post
    I had this exact same thing happen to me and I have found the answer... You have to get into your phone, ifile or SSH and delete a certain file...

com.zijric.grippreferences.list or something like that I wasn't paying close enough attention I guess, but then the error was resolved in CYDIA and everything works like normal, I know its a late responce, but I hope it helps...
    that file wasnt there... there was ...grip.list but no ...grippreferences.list

but then i realized that i have Rock as well, so i tried to uninstall the podulo grip from there. it said that all the packages that i insalled after this grip problem were not installed correctly. i ignored this and uninstalled the podulo grip succesfully.

then i was able to install the spazio grip that was still stuck in my cydia queue. it installed fine and also had to "set up" all the packages that i had installed since this grip problem

now all is fine. thanks for your help buds

Thanks

Np

Thanks

Thanks man, I had the same problem with a different app.

This worked perfect..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea thanks, worked for me!

una
    Thanks

Thank you pilkman7 you saved my day or two or more..
    Last edited by una; 08-12-2010 at 04:04 AM.
    No one ever became poor from giving.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had this same problem with another app

Problem:
    ******* for 3.1 from biteyourapple repo gets stuck in cydia queue, causing you to not be able to install/delete many packages. If you try to, ******* is first in the queue, it causes errors, so cydia stops without installing or deleting anything after it in the queue

Explanation:
    I previously had ******* for 3.1 installed from another repo, i later installed ********** from biteyourapple repo, ********** from biteyourapple automatically tries to install ******* from biteyourapple. Therefore ******* from biteyourapple gets stuck in cydia queue when it has errors trying to place files that already exist.

Fix:
    Unistall ********** from biteyourapple, respring, and the queue for ******* from biteyourapple goes away! Problem Solved!

Thanks guys!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, you don't need to do that, neither have SSH installed. Just find the source in which your package stuck in the queue is located and remove that source. Restart cydia and you can add that source again.
    It just gets stuck sometimes, when some different packages that uses similar sources try to overwrite.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Fantastic This works for me for another package. Just removed the xxxxxx.list from the directory, rebooted and cydia able to uninstall and install without a problem.

Thanx mate,
    Ciao