Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iblank program icon missing after update

Default iblank program icon missing after update
    Hi all,
    I just updated iblank to the newest version in cydia. After completing the update I am now missing the program icon itself and am therefore not able to create any new blank icons.
    Tried deinstalling and reinstalling, no luck though - cydia says the program is installed, but the program icon doesn't show.
    I checked my SBsettings, respectively the hidden icons sections, but supposedly the icon is displayed...

Any ideas on how i can get iblank back?
    Thanks in advance

search for it using spotlight.

spotlight is the page to the left of your first screen of apps.

no signature links or spam.... only warning

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Hey ur rite. After upgradin I couldn't find it

Spotlight comes up with "no results"

Same issue. Tried to install and uninstall several times. Went to sbsettings to check if icon was hidden. It just shows it on the list as on. Also tried to add it to the sbsettings dock and it will not come up. Next im gonna try to open it with ifile.

Same problem here. I emailed Dennis (the author) and poetic_folly (app contact) about it. They probably already know, but wanted to make sure.

I have the same issue...after upgrading..not Iblank is disappeared ... i hope they fix it soon

Dennis emailed me back. He said it appears to be a repo issue, and suggested reinstalling it tomorrow. He said it installs OK, but the permissions don't get set correctly.
    If I knew what to set the perms on, I would do it myself.

I think it is cool that Dennis replied so quickly.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvrider For This Useful Post:

kabamodern (12-16-2009), loren23 (12-16-2009)

Of course same issue here. Lucky I had a copy of older version so i ssh'ed it back and now working. Will try again tomorrow thanks gvrider for info.

I had the same concern. Thanks for the information!
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

I was able to get the icon to show up, and create blank icons. Based on what Dennis said about permission problems, I did an SSH in and ran a find command for iBlank. I found it in "/private/var/stash/Applications.uyepNP/iBlank.app". I changed directory to /private/var/stash/Applications.uyepNP/iBlank.app did a "chmod 755 *" (without the "), then drilled into the Files directory, which is the only directory under iBlank.app, and did a "chmod 755 *" there as well. Rebooted the phone and it is now working. One thing I have noticed is that you do still need BlankNull, despite this version of iBlank supposedly not requiring it. Pressing a blank icon does funky stuff. That may be something that will be fixed soon. Maybe even after reinstalling tomorrow.
    Last edited by gvrider; 12-16-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Noted changing directory to /private/var/stash/Applications.uyepNP/iBlank.app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gvrider For This Useful Post:

kabamodern (12-16-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by gvrider View Post
    I was able to get the icon to show up, and create blank icons. Based on what Dennis said about permission problems, I did and SSH in and ran a find command for iBlank. I found it in "/private/var/stash/Applications.uyepNP/iBlank.app". I did a "chmod 755 *" (without the "), then drilled into the Files directory, which is the only directory under iBlank.app, and did a "chmod 755 *" there as well. Rebooted the phone and it is now working. One thing I have noticed is that you do still need BlankNull, despite this version of iBlank supposedly not requiring it. Pressing a black icon does funky stuff. That may be something that will be fixed soon. Maybe even after reinstalling tomorrow.
    I'll have to give this a shot. Do you think giving full access at 777 would solve anything. That's kind of odd the BlankNull is still present... I thought that was the purpose of 3.0?
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

im new to this but how what is "chmd 755" and how would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by kabamodern View Post
    I'll have to give this a shot. Do you think giving full access at 777 would solve anything. That's kind of odd the BlankNull is still present... I thought that was the purpose of 3.0?
    I wouldn't set full permissions, simply because the system may not like that. You can try it I suppose and change it to 755, if it causes problems.

Quote Originally Posted by V.3 View Post
    You're changing directory permissions. I use WinSCP so you can do it in the GUI but doing a chmod is more of a command-line way to do it, like through MobileTerminal.
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

ok so i have winscp open but how would i execute it?

The chmod command is a UNIX based command for changing file and directory permissions. Understand that the Operating System running the iPhone is Darwin Linux.

The permissions are based on read/write/execute, for owner, group, and public. I don't want to go into detail on the command, on this board, because it could take up a full page. If you would like to know more about the chmod command, read this. chmod
    If you are unfamiliar with logging into the O/S and making changes, you may want to pass on this. I am sure it will either work tomorrow, or a fix will be released soon, if there is a bug.

ok so i have winscp open but how would i execute it?
    Right click on the directory you're changing the permissions on, go to Properties and set the Octal to 0755.
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

If you are unfamiliar with making changes within the O/S of your iPhone/iPod Touch, please be very careful, or don't try it. It is possible to cause harm to the functionality of your device, if you do not do things correctly.

Just a friendly warning in advance.

ok

Quote Originally Posted by kabamodern View Post
    Right click on the directory you're changing the permissions on, go to Properties and set the Octal to 0755.
    mines already on 0755 should i change it to 777?
    Last edited by V.3; 12-16-2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast