Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iblank program icon missing after update

Just as an FYI, after doing a chmod and rebooting, I don't get any BlankNull if I tap an icon. Works awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by V.3 View Post
    ok

mines already on 0755 should i change it to 777?
    You need to do a chmod in MobileTerminal in this case. Don't change anything to 777.
    Last edited by kabamodern; 12-16-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    iPhone 3GS / iOS 4 / White / 32gb / blackra1n'd / holla!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kabamodern For This Useful Post:

V.3 (12-16-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by kabamodern View Post
    Just as an FYI, after doing a chmod and rebooting, I don't get any BlankNull if I tap an icon. Works awesome!

You need to do a chmod in MobileTerminal in this case. Don't change anything to 777.
    ok then ill just wait for the update..i dont feel like messing with terminal

i just updated mine to current version but it's still there and functional.

did you guys get it from the MMI repo?

no signature links or spam.... only warning

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Ya what bout u

yeah mine's from the MMI repo too.

try going in and back out of safe mode? that worked for me.

no signature links or spam.... only warning

Yep, I got mine from the MMI repo, too. Using the method posted earlier of chmod in MobileTerminal works just fine. I get the iBlank icon back (after a reboot) and all the icons are fixed (i.e., they do nothing when touched).
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

having the same problem with not being able to see the iBlank app after installation. I tried changing the permissions through mobile terminal, logged into root, found what i thought to be the correct path to the app was and changed the permissions to 755. i resprung and had no luck. could the path be incorrect? any help is appreciated.

path i found the file in was, /private/var/stash/Applications.pwn/iBlank.app

Same Problem here i updated it no icon how can i delete hem

Quote Originally Posted by Swarnacles View Post
    having the same problem with not being able to see the iBlank app after installation. I tried changing the permissions through mobile terminal, logged into root, found what i thought to be the correct path to the app was and changed the permissions to 755. i resprung and had no luck. could the path be incorrect? any help is appreciated.

path i found the file in was, /private/var/stash/Applications.pwn/iBlank.app
    You need to:

- Open MobileTerminal
    - login root
    - Enter your password
    - cd /private/var/stash/Applications.xxxx/iBlank.app
    - chmod 755 *
    - cd Files
    - chmod 755 *
    - Reboot device (not re-spring)
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Default Updated to 3.0.2 this morning and still no icon ...
    Hi guys,

I did an update yesterday on 3.0.1 and that is where the icon was missing after the update. I have read that IBlank would release another update(3.0.2) that would fix the issue. It was there this morning, I<ve did the update and still the icon is missing.

Maybe I have to uninstall and reinstall, I<ll give it a shot and let you guys know. By the way, I guess there is no problem uninstalling the application even if blank icons are still on the springboard, otherwise, let me know.

Cheers all,

S.

I had used MobileTerminal to chmod the permissions for version 3.0 and it worked fine. I also updated to 3.0.2 and it killed my icon so I had to do the chmod again and now it's back up and working.

Just to be warned it may not fix the issue for you.
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

... just performed the uninstall re-install and no change; icon still missing ...

Quote Originally Posted by SFI_SEBA View Post
    ... just performed the uninstall re-install and no change; icon still missing ...
    Just do the chmod, it works.
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Just followed this procedure :

- Open MobileTerminal
    - login root
    - Enter your password
    - cd /private/var/stash/Applications.xxxx/iBlank.app
    - chmod 755 *
    - cd Files
    - chmod 755 *
    - Reboot device

The icon is now back. What I notice is that new icons generated with this update do nothing when pressend on the springboard, where icons I already had still open safari. I guess I now have to delete them all and recreate.

Thanks for the tip, the openterminal procedure works great on Iphone 3GS running OS3.1.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by SFI_SEBA View Post
    The icon is now back. What I notice is that new icons generated with this update do nothing when pressend on the springboard, where icons I already had still open safari. I guess I now have to delete them all and recreate.

Thanks for the tip, the openterminal procedure works great on Iphone 3GS running OS3.1.

S.
    Correct, it, unfortunately does not update your old icons created with iBlank but all newly created icons are fixed (i.e., do nothing when touched). Glad you've got it working!
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

Many thanks for the great thread; without it I would never had figure this thing out.

While using MobileTerminal, I noticed that all the iBlank.app directory had toe correct permisions (755), as for the iBlank.app / Files directory. Only the contained files were setted at 700.

I will delete all previous blank icons and recreate later today.

Holefully an update will take care of this aissue s not all users are confortable in playing with system files.

Cheers all,

S.

Default lockinfo weather saying "null"
    after theming for a bit, i noticed that my weather plugin disappeared from the lockinfo screen. i reinstalled it. now it just says null, and, apparently, can't find a way to check the weather. the same time that happened, the weather (in degrees) on my status bar just has a question mark. anyone have any idea why this happened, and i can fix it? thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

There's a new update

Yes, the 3.0.3 update actually fixes the icon not appearing. Everyone should install the new update.
    K a b a M o d e r n
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kabamodern For This Useful Post:

V.3 (12-18-2009)

thanks guys, i changed the permissions and it worked. i didn't think of changing the permissions of the files within iBlank.app or use the wildcard for that matter lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast