Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Regarding Virus

iPhone? More like MyPhone NeptuneX3's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Regarding Virus
    Hi...

My phone now a days becomes slow.....and frequently springboard get crashed.....is this due to VIRUS?

how i can clean my iphone from virus....without restore?

Thanks for any advice

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Its probably not a virus, there are many factors to why your phone is getting slow, low RAM memory is #1, alot of mobile substrate add-ons is another, using winterboard, restoring from backup after fresh restore, and the list goes on. If you have terminal installed there are commands that will clean files and memory. Type- (fsck -f) this one does a general sweep, and (fsck_hfs -dfp /dev/disk0s1)(fsck_hfs -dfp /dev/disk0s2) these ones do a more specific sweep, no quotes on any of them. Either way these may help or a full restore without restoring from backup afterwards. Hope I helped.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicholasa For This Useful Post:

NeptuneX3 (12-16-2009)

A 3G on 3.x firmware is just kind of slow in general. Ive got a 3G on 3.0 and it is pretty slow buy Ive gotten used to it. There really isnt much you can do, but have SBSettings process program ready to clean up your phone if you get too low...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

NeptuneX3 (12-16-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Install SB Settings... run SB Settings.. if your available memory gets below 15MB you need to "free up memory" in processes or respring.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

NeptuneX3 (12-16-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone NeptuneX3's Avatar
    Thanks

Poseidon79 - Thanks for your support.....i have installed sbsetting long back....i am keep on doing that to make my phone works faster....it helps actualy.

ajl917 - thanks man...

nicholasa - Thanks for your nice idea.....i am going to try....is it safe to try..?

i little bit scared....bcz i do lot of browsing through safari....by chance phone will bet virus from that....

Thanks

As far as I know know you can't get virus' from browsing safari, the virus' are received through ssh because people don't change their default passwords. And the script is perfectly safe it just cleans memory of unused and problems with files, I tend to run the script using terminal once a month or so, because I am always doing something to my phone by adding stuff and modding files.

Thanks

mine has gotten so bad, when I swipe to unlock, it takes literally 5 seconds before the unlock keypad comes up. I just updated to 3.1.3, and did a restore, and still have the same problem. WTF?!

Thanks

Hey showstopper when you updated to 3.1.3 did you restore the device from back-up? If you did that could be your problem, if you device was jailbroken and you updated from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 and restored the device from back-up it can cause all sorts of problems, I would make sure your contacts are backed up then restore again and start the device as a new one.

Thanks

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the advice nicholasa!