+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help a Newb

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok, let me say, I love my new IPhone on my Tmobile account, its so great. But I have issues like everyone else and there is so much floating around,
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Please Help a Newb
    Ok, let me say, I love my new IPhone on my Tmobile account, its so great.
    But I have issues like everyone else and there is so much floating around, I thought maybe if I list everything I need help with maybe someone could help, here goes.

1. How do I get rid of Edge all together.
    2. Can I delete all ATT stuff on phone?
    3. I can't get my WiFI to work even though it sez its connected to my wireless network I still have no internet. I use a dlink router.
    4. Anyway to use the itunes like a ipod and be able to use like a storage device and listen to music thru itunes on a pc instead of everything being greyed out?
    5. and finally is there a new update to fix stuff and still keep phone unlocked?
    Please keep in mind I am using a pc not a mac.

thank you

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

1. Are you not gonna use any data ever? There is an EDGE Off app on Installer.
    2. You can. What specifically are you referring to?
    3. Have you tried a restart of the router and the phone?
    4. What?
    5. Need more info than that. "Fix stuff?" what is broken?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    1. Are you not gonna use any data ever? There is an EDGE Off app on Installer.
    2. You can. What specifically are you referring to?
    3. Have you tried a restart of the router and the phone?
    4. What?
    5. Need more info than that. "Fix stuff?" what is broken?

Hi, thanks, ok to be more specific.

1. I use Tmobile right now and I don't have any data plan, I just use wifi when available, but I quess I don't want to delete edge if I can't get it back ever. I have had no success geting Tmobile's 4.99 plan to work in place of Edge either.
    2. I read somewhere, maybe it was even on here that you can eliminate all the att carrier, usage etc.. and replace it with Tmobile information, but the demo was using a mac not a pc.
    3. I have tried resetting both phone and router, I am connected to the network as I have full bars and it sez it is connected, but when I hit safari, it comes up can't connect to server, the weird thing is when I go other places such as work, that router shows up and I have no problem connecting. The router that is a problem is a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G.
    ALl my laptops and even my psp connect with it no problem. What is wrong?
    4. I noticed that the Iphone is not like the ipod where you can use it like a hardrive storage device and I also noticed that when I connect it to my laptop and itunes, it shows up, but all the music is greyed out, while the ipod videos is not. I can't play music thru itunes on the pc with the iphone, only directly from iphone.
    5. I was referring to is there a new iphone update yet and if so has anyone trued updating their iphone to see if it remains unlocked. I thought I read somewhere that there will be new features in the update such as disable edge, etc...

Thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

1. Search for T-Zones. There is a full guide for the $5.99 T-Zones working fine - I am using that now.
    2. You're talking about the guide I wrote here.
    3. Sounds like an issue with your home network. Do you have some settings on the router which disallows extra IP addresses? Have you tried the "renew lease" option in the WiFi settings menu of the iPhone?
    4. Oh I see what you're saying. At the moment, there is no way. You have music on the iPhone which is NOT on the PC you mean?
    5. There are two separate threads about that in the News forum. One for the new firmware (which is NOT out yet) features, and one about what it will break and how easy it will be to fix it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    1. Search for T-Zones. There is a full guide for the $5.99 T-Zones working fine - I am using that now.
    2. You're talking about the guide I wrote here.
    3. Sounds like an issue with your home network. Do you have some settings on the router which disallows extra IP addresses? Have you tried the "renew lease" option in the WiFi settings menu of the iPhone?
    4. Oh I see what you're saying. At the moment, there is no way. You have music on the iPhone which is NOT on the PC you mean?
    5. There are two separate threads about that in the News forum. One for the new firmware (which is NOT out yet) features, and one about what it will break and how easy it will be to fix it.
    Thanks for the great answers, ok, just a few questions.

2. I thought your guide was for macs only?
    3.I have tried the release ip with no luck, not sure about the disallow xtra ip, I figure, if 3 laptops and one psp work, why not the iphone?

Thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

2. Nope, all you have to do is open a file in a text editor (not at all if you are on T-Mo - the files are already pre-modded for T-Mo), and then transfer them to the phone using your favorite iPhone file browser.

3. Yah, not sure then. I will keep my eyes open for a fix. If it works connecting to other Wifi networks, there's def something with your network.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxjoebreadxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I had trouble with my wireless network at first. This was because I had dhcp turned off. Try enabling DHCP and I bet it will work fine. It acts like your iphone can't pull an IP address. This could likely be the cause.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Finally, afte talking with a helpful LinkSys tech, I had to add a $ to my password since it (the iphone) is considered a mac system. Everything ran perfect after i did it..

I checked out your guide and I have to admit I am confused with regards to making my phone show the tmobile info and not the att using a pc not mac, anyway you can help simplify? Thanks again.

2. Nope, all you have to do is open a file in a text editor (not at all if you are on T-Mo - the files are already pre-modded for T-Mo), and then transfer them to the phone using your favorite iPhone file browser.

3. Yah, not sure then. I will keep my eyes open for a fix. If it works connecting to other Wifi networks, there's def something with your network.