+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering 3GS 3.1.2

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i had tethering working on 3.1.2 back when it'd kill voicemail then i got the newer blackra1n rc3 and followed the appleguru steps several times (once forgetting that i didn't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default can't enable tethering on rc3'd 3.1.2 3g
    i had tethering working on 3.1.2 back when it'd kill voicemail
    then i got the newer blackra1n rc3 and followed the appleguru steps several times (once forgetting that i didn't have to install the tethering app from cydia)
    but after many tries, i'm still not seeing the tethering option in my network settings panel

think that my installation (i have since removed it) of that tether 3g app screwed something up?

i have done lots of rebooting between steps, but the one thing i haven't yet done is a full restore and re-jailbreak

ideas?
    anyone else same boat?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmmm,
    so i followed that route, and i now see a "Cellular Data Network" section in my Network Settings, but still no Tethering section.

for the record my os version is 3.1.2 (7D11)
    modem firmware is 05.11.07

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fekaylius View Post
    i had tethering working on 3.1.2 back when it'd kill voicemail
    then i got the newer blackra1n rc3 and followed the appleguru steps several times (once forgetting that i didn't have to install the tethering app from cydia)
    but after many tries, i'm still not seeing the tethering option in my network settings panel

think that my installation (i have since removed it) of that tether 3g app screwed something up?

i have done lots of rebooting between steps, but the one thing i haven't yet done is a full restore and re-jailbreak

ideas?
    anyone else same boat?
    I'm having the exact same problem. However, I did not try using any Cydia apps.

In profile section i do have "us at&t tethering" shown. Nothing shown under "Network"
    Last edited by nsaltwater; 11-23-2009 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks

im in the same boat with some of you here.

I followed the steps, not luck yet seeing tether option. i had it and suddenly it went away which is why im trying to figure out why and how to get it back.

odd.

~0okami

Thanks
    Well, I must say, Tethering made easy. This tethering just works. I installed everything as described in just a few minutes. And then I just connected to my HP Pavilion laptop running Windows XP Media. A little notification came up. Apple Mobile Device Ethernet. I started firefox and was connected. I am writing this right now, connected. Oh, this is big.

myPhone is 3G 8GB, 3.1.2 JB, firmware 05.11.07.

Tomorrow I try on my mac mini.

Thanks Soooo much for TETHERING MADE EASY.

One strange thing, when I first connected the iphone to windows, and disconnected my ethernet cord, itunes started acting funny, then my pc just shut down and restarted. idk.. seems ok now. I will report if I have problems.

Thanks
    How do I tether on a mac? I am at OSX 10.4.11. I was able to tether on windows XP, it just showed up in network connections.

I cannot figure out in mac osx. I've tried bluetooth, ethernet. The phone just doesn't show up anywhere as a network connection.

OK, I just found out how to do it via Bluetooth. I clicked on the bluetooth logo on the status bar and the in the menu, there was an option to "Join Netwotk on myPhone" (myPhone being the name of my phone).

Can I tether through USB? Is Bluetooth just as fast as USB?.
    Last edited by gd420mj; 12-09-2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    So what is the fix for Visual Voice Mail? Mine doesn't work. My bro. who just jb'd with black ra1n, lost his VVM with this tether.

We tried resetting the Network Settings, no help.

Any ideas? Is this the price to pay for tether?
    ~Iphone 3G 3.1.2 pawnaged!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have tethering and visual voicemail working. Followed the instructions a few post up and used the sinfuliphone repo.

AT&T iphone plan
    blackra1n RC1 --> RC2 --> RC3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rubberneck For This Useful Post:

gd420mj (12-11-2009)

Thanks
    @rubberneck,

Thanks so much. The sinful tether is so, well sinful!!!

Thanks, I have VVM working again, and works while tethering.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default No Internet Data after Siniphone Tether installed
    Working on 3Gs 3.1.2. Tried the appleguru's iphone-notes hack without success. Then installed the siniphone which enabled tethering option in network settings, but not internet won't work. Unable to establish internet connection. Settings under Cellular Data Network are blank for username, passoword, on both cellular data and MMS as well as MMS UA prof URL. Should I try the ipcc settings hack next or can I just get the User/Pass for the missing blanks? Thanks-helibubba

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok so i jailbroke my iphone yesterday with blackra1n rc3 but i accidently uninstalled it. I do t have home internet and cannot run blackra1n again so i also cannot reboot my phone either. I thought appleguru would work fine but it doesnt it doesnt show up under nerwork just under profile so knowing my situation, what can i do to enable i ternet tethering?? Im on an iphone 3gs on 3.1.2... Please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Appleguru many thanks!! I've been looking for past week or so now trying to enable tethering on my 3gs orange uk iphone (without calling orange to pay them £5/month for the privilage when I already have a 500mb data pack) and tho they all looked similar non of them worked for me until I came across your guide.
    I'm currently typing this whilst admiring my lovely pulsating blue "internet tethering" bar at the top of iphone screen over BT.
    had a little issue connecting via BT on my dell laptop but soon got that sorted...I was getting driver error messages but on vista go to network/sharing then manage wireless connections and the bluetooth icon right click and connect to iphone then your away.
    So anyone looking to tether their orange uk 3gs iphone on 3.1.2 I can confirm appleguru's guide on P1 works a treat....just create your own mobileconfig using the following:
    carrier name: Orange UK
    APN: orangeinternet
    no user/password entry needed.
    Anyone has any questions just ask as after all my searching I know it can become a little frustrating!
    Cheers, Andrew
    Last edited by bkdad; 04-26-2010 at 11:22 AM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12