Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Standard message on unmodded phone? "Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock..."

Default Standard message on unmodded phone? "Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock..."
    I unlocked my phone and then restored it in iTunes so I could take it in for warranty support. I took the SIM card out and now I get this message on the screen:

No SIM card installed
    Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock
    to activate iPhone.

Is that message the normal message which appears on a virgin iPhone? Would the tech know that my phone had been previously unlocked?

The image on the screen is the USB cord with the iTunes icon, a small closed-lock icon on the very top, and "slide for emergency" on the bottom. The SIM message is overlayed in the middle.

yes, that's normal. that screen appears until ... well, until you do what it says when you restored a phone you have to activate it, and itunes does that as soon as you put in a valid simcard

Thanks. I just wasn't sure if that was the default message or some message created by a modified BL or something. I dropped off my phone at the store and they didn't bat an eye.

If i bought a rogers sim card would that work?