Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone works on orange but....

Unhappy iphone works on orange but....
    hi i have an iphone 3g its jailbroken and has 3.0 firmware on it. The other day the signal went on it and it hasnt returned since i have tried an orange sim card in and it works straight away but it wont work with my 02 sim card it says no service or just has the bars there but none are up. any one have any ideas i tried restoring iphone on itunes and it got stuck in recovery mode so i rejailbroke it with redsn0w and everything is as it was before i tried restoring it. can anyone help? also the sim card works in other phones fine i have tried 4 different 02 sim cards and none of them worked... i dont really want to go over to orange as they dont have the same tariffs etc... anyone got any ideas many thanks.

have you unlocked your phone? if not, then obviously the iphone will only work with one carrier as the iphone in most countries is simlocked.
    but if you have 3.0 on it and never had 3.1 or higher on it than you can unlock the phone by installing ultrasn0w from cydia (you have to add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com first).
    if you need an unlock make sure you NEVER update your firmware through itunes!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

chrisfitton (10-18-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    have you unlocked your phone? if not, then obviously the iphone will only work with one carrier as the iphone in most countries is simlocked.
    but if you have 3.0 on it and never had 3.1 or higher on it than you can unlock the phone by installing ultrasn0w from cydia (you have to add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com first).
    if you need an unlock make sure you NEVER update your firmware through itunes!
    hi the iphone is origianally locked to 02 but was unlocked and jailbroken when i bought it i had my 02 sim card in it working fine for a couple of weeks then it went down and wont come back on with any 02 sim card the only other sim card i tried was orange and it works fine with that.... but as i said i dont want to go over to orange carrier..

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfitton View Post
    hi the iphone is origianally locked to 02 but was unlocked and jailbroken when i bought it i had my 02 sim card in it working fine for a couple of weeks then it went down and wont come back on with any 02 sim card the only other sim card i tried was orange and it works fine with that.... but as i said i dont want to go over to orange carrier..
    strange. if the phone is locked to o2, than any o2 card should work. but like I said, if you can't get it to work, just install ultrasn0w to unlock your phone. but like I said, if you depend on an unlock you need to be much more careful with firmware updates and stuff! don't be tempted to update through itunes!