Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: best way to get free sms?

Default best way to get free sms?
    Hi,
    Any idea on whats the most reliable way to get MMS and SMS messages sent to your phone without paying for the unlimited texting plan? I'm looking for a good reliable way to send texts to my friends when I don't have wifi and can only use edge.

I've tried using jivetalk and sending SMS messages from there, but, if I'm searching another website or the edge connectins gets a little crappy. It gets closed, and I can't receive any messages. Also, when I don't have reception, texts can't be sent to me and I don't receive anything. Another feature that would be cool, is to actually know when I get texts.. (with vibrate or a sound)

Is their someway to integrate texts through emails? Do you guys think it's worth it to buy the unlimited sms if you use it a lot?

Just to make sure.. does SMS mean text messages.. and MMS means picture message?

thanks

Well, the iPhone can't do MMS but other than that I don't know. I mean you could use AIM to send text messages to phone number I think.

i am on the 300 SMS monthly plan.. and i only use like 30 a month. I got to go change my price plan soon..

Is JiveTalk any good on the iPhone?
    Last edited by bookmark; 09-25-2007 at 04:41 PM.