Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photo Location on Iphone

Default Photo Location on Iphone
    I use IphoneBrowser to copy files to my Iphone from my PC. I did a complete search to try and find the location of photos using IphoneBrowser to locate my picture folder to put new pictures into my Iphone. I cannot determine where the pictures are stored on the Iphone, which folder.
    Does anyone know what folder contains the photos that you add via Itunes when you sync?
    I know how to sync via Itunes, however, I want to put pics on my Iphone without syncing. Thanks in advance.

FYI-I did find out the location for documents that are used by Doc2Go. Much easier than using WiFi.

The photos synced via itunes are put into a database called ithumb something i dont remember. If u want to manually put photos in, it wont work, and u will not see it! The only way u can put pictures in is via the camera roll folder located in var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/. And u also have to rename the photos to follow thw sequence to make it show up in the camera roll!

an easier way to get photos from ur iphone to ur computer or computer to ur iphone is by downloading I-FunBox

Sorry for post resurrection, but thought that anyone that stumbles on this thread like me should know where to find the photos that aren't on the Camera Roll:

private/var/mobile/Media/Photos/Thumbs

On my device there were a ton of folders labeled F00 and went to F49. These folders have my full size JPG pictures from my photos on my PC. I just used iPhoneExplorer to drag and drop the Thumbs folder to my desktop with all of the F folders inside.

Quote Originally Posted by istorm View Post
    The photos synced via itunes are put into a database called ithumb something i dont remember. If u want to manually put photos in, it wont work, and u will not see it! The only way u can put pictures in is via the camera roll folder located in var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/. And u also have to rename the photos to follow thw sequence to make it show up in the camera roll!
    So, what is the proper sequence? I am trying to put some old photos that I deleted previously back on my phone. I have not renamed them, so they are still named IMG_XXXX.JPG, yet they still don't show up on the phone. I prefer to keep them in their original chronological order. Are you saying that I have to rename them with a higher number than my most recent photo is named with?

Thanks for the help.