+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Can I Backup/Sync My iPhone's Calendar to My PC?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, guys! I'll be upgrading to 3.0.1 soon and need to backup/sync my iphone's calendar to my PC. How can I do this? .
    Banned
    Thanks
    Default How Can I Backup/Sync My iPhone's Calendar to My PC?
    Hi, guys! I'll be upgrading to 3.0.1 soon and need to backup/sync my iphone's calendar to my PC. How can I do this?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think you need outlook to do this ... if you have outlook, just connect your iphone and go the info tab in itunes and select outlook the be synced with your calendar.

but: if you are updating you don't really need this. every time you sync itunes makes a backup that includes your calendar.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    I think you need outlook to do this ... if you have outlook, just connect your iphone and go the info tab in itunes and select outlook the be synced with your calendar.

but: if you are updating you don't really need this. every time you sync itunes makes a backup that includes your calendar.
    Black wolf i appreciate the reply. So you said that when i normally sync my phone to itunes that all the data in my calendar is updated? So i dont need to install third party apps to update? Is this correct?
    Last edited by big black; 10-02-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big black View Post
    Black wolf i appreciate the reply. So you said that when i normally sync my phone to itunes that all the data in my calendar is updated? So i dont need to install third party apps to update? Is this correct?
    yep, that's right. if you want to be sure, connect your phone to itunes, then right-click it in the left sidebar and select "save" (or something like that, my itunes isn't english. might be "store" or something but you know what I mean). that will create a backup. when you restored your phone, itunes will ask you if you want to restore from backup. be sure to select the backup you made (itunes will show the time when the backup was created) and it will restore calender, sms, contacts, notes, webclips and all your settings and the icon-arrangment on your homescreen back on your phone (I blieve voice memos as well, but not sure).

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    yep, that's right. if you want to be sure, connect your phone to itunes, then right-click it in the left sidebar and select "save" (or something like that, my itunes isn't english. might be "store" or something but you know what I mean). that will create a backup. when you restored your phone, itunes will ask you if you want to restore from backup. be sure to select the backup you made (itunes will show the time when the backup was created) and it will restore calender, sms, contacts, notes, webclips and all your settings and the icon-arrangment on your homescreen back on your phone (I blieve voice memos as well, but not sure).
    BlackWolf, your suggestion could lead to a battery drain. I got a recommendation from Melech where he says that to avoid possible battery drain from backing up my iphone from a previous backup, that I should upgrade my phone as a new phone. This is what he recommended:

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Battery drainage is almost every time caused by setting a newly restored phone up from a backup rather than setting it up as a new phone. Simply put your phone in DFU mode and option+click restore and select 3.0 or 3.0.1. After it fully restores, set the phone up as a NEW phone. Then sync all of your information back onto the phone. DO NOT however sync a backup or load a backup onto the newly upgraded phone. You will not have any battery drainage issues.
    Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

That is correct! Just sync your calendars by selecting the option to do so in iTunes. Then set the phone up as new and sync the phone again
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I have iPhone 4s running iOS 5.1 and am planning to upgrade to iOS 6.1.2. However, I wonder how to back up my iPhone calendars (I have two - business and personal - both on my iphone - i.e. not synced or backed up with the icloud). before i do the upgrade, i know that upgrading will wipe out my iphone.

I have the music in my iTunes library, but i cannot see my calendars loaded in iTunes - I must back my iphone calendars as they are extremely important to me. cheers.

Thanks

If you use your itunes library often, your iphone calendars would have been backed up to your computer with the rest of your iphone data by itunes. Upon you upgrading your iphone, you can restore your iphone calendars via itunes. If you, on the other hand, have opted to back up your iphone data to the icloud, you can restore your iphone data directly within your iphone after the upgrade by going to choose "Restore from iCloud Backup" when in the Setup Assistant.

Alternatively, you can use standalone apps like the one below to back up straight away your iphone calendars in iCalendar format to your computer and then to restore them back to the device after its been upgraded:

Backup iPhone calendar, transfer iPhone calendar

Finally, you can sync your iPhone calendar with your Gmail account (Google Calendars) via CalDAV or Exchange - the trouble is that I am not sure whether your already existing appointments will transfer to your Gmail account, or it is only the new ones which will start syncing to Google.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay, thank you. used the stanalone thing to back up then upgraded the iOS and transferred the calendars back. good to know.