Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is there a way to block the call waiting beep...!!!!!

Default is there a way to block the call waiting beep...!!!!!
    i was talking to my ex-girlfriend i dont know why, but we were doing okay until my phone kept beeping. When some one calls your iphone and your currently talking it beeps to alert you someone is on the other line and both parties can hear that. is the a way to block this feature. modmyi world please help me thanks-!!!!

Why is there not more people complaining about this?? This is the most annoying thing ever!!!

I even tried deleting the call waiting sound file with diskaid and it still didn't work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

yes would love to be able to shut this off

If it didn't beep, how could you know someone else was calling you?

I dont know about you, but I dont usually stare at my screen when Im on the phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billybobr_06 View Post
    If it didn't beep, how could you know someone else was calling you?

I dont know about you, but I dont usually stare at my screen when Im on the phone
    Simple, I'll get to it when I'm done with my call, voicemail works wonders. I'm also in search of an app or addon that would allow me to mute alerts and notifications during a call, hate to get interrupted by a "ding!" and have the other person ask.... what was that?, was that you or me?. Perhaps a settings panel that would let me control alerts and notifications per app basis, apps checked won't get interrupted by alerts, messages and/or notifications when open.

Unless I really don't understand what you are trying to do, can't you just go to Settings/Phone/Call Waiting and turn call waiting off? When I do that, when I'm on the phone the 2nd incoming call goes straght to voicemail and I don't even know about it unless they leave a message.

Hope that helps.

Default am i the only one...
    i don't want to turn off my call waiting because that makes more problems and more questions. all these smart iphone users and programs have no need for this? some one should be able to figuare out a way that this miraculous iphone could light up, vibrate, or beep without the person on the other line hearing it. somebody show me some love and help me out please.

Thanks

that doesnt happen on my phone. why does it matter if the other person can hear it? its not like its making a fart noise or anything. all you have to say is, thats my call waiting. Is that too hard? let the devs work on more important stuff.

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1
    man i wish we could just download the jailbreak from safari just like back in the day.

update: comex has answered my wish.

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    AMD Phenom Quad-core 3.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 260 core 216 processors
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    150GB Raptor X(has window to see disc)
    500GB WD HD

Plus, when my call waiting goes off, the person on the other line doesn't hear the beep. Same thing vice-versa.

Just turn off call waiting IMO. If you're leaving it on but disabling the sound then the person calling would just be trying to dial through on the other line when he/she could have been directed to your voicemail instead.
    Yeep! It's rwong! Run while you can.

I have this issue too.

It's a problem because you don't want the person you are talking with to know that you have another call coming in...

I've never had a phone that did this until now...

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ahfunaki View Post
    I have this issue too.

It's a problem because you don't want the person you are talking with to know that you have another call coming in...

exactly. it would be better if the phone would just vibrate or something to alert you. so then you know you have another call, the person youre on the phone with doesnt.

8GB iPod Touch 1G: 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.2 > 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.2.1 > 3.0 > 3.0.1 GM RedSn0wed
    16GB iPhone 3G > Sold $375 > iPhone 4: 4.2.8 > 5.0
    32GB iPad: 3.2 > 3.2.1 > Traded For MacBook > Traded + $500 For MacBook Pro

if it dont apply to u then why make a dumb ***** reply...

Quote Originally Posted by ahfunaki View Post
    I have this issue too.

i feel the same way. seems simple but i guess they dont feel what or can't relate to what were going threw.
    Last edited by prettyprego; 10-19-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost