+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where is the contacts list stored in iTunes?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm running a different iTunes on a different computer. I need to restore my contacts onto the new iTunes. Does anyone know where iTunes keeps the contacts list for iTunes
    iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Where is the contacts list stored in iTunes?
    I'm running a different iTunes on a different computer. I need to restore my contacts onto the new iTunes. Does anyone know where iTunes keeps the contacts list for iTunes ver8.2? Will the dir be the same for iTunes ver9.0.1?

Thank you.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Where do you have your original contacts? Outlook? Entourage? Google Contacts? just import that over to the new computer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

I have it saved as windows contacts. Thus, I don't know where to stored it? To and from. This is my first time messing with my contacts lists.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You shouldn't have to move anything. Your contacts are on your phone so you can move them over to the new computer very easily.

Open Windows Contacts on the new computer and create a false Contact...like Joe Citizen 1 (555)555-5555 and save it.

Then in iTunes under the Info tab tell it to Sync with Windows Contacts.

You may get a popup that tells you you are altering more than 5% of your contacts. This is normal.

There is also another way to do it in iTunes at the bottom of the page of your default iphone screen...it reads something like "For this sync only..." I have never used it though.

It will then transfer all of your contacts from your phone to your computer and the one false contact to your phone. You can delete the false contact after.