Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Composite AV Cable FW 3.1 fix (iapd)

Hybrid View

Default Composite AV Cable FW 3.1 fix (iapd)
    Can anyone help me out with a patch for my AV Cable and firmware 3.1, so that I can hook up my iPhone (2G) to the TV again?
    There are patched "iapd" files out there that solve this incompatibility issue for 3.0 and lower but I couldn't find any working file. Got rid of the Pop Up with some but that's it.

So i've done alot of research on this subject. The iapd patch only prevents the notification from telling you that the accessory is not compatible. it does not tell the iphone/ipod that the accessory is compatible. if you read threw the website that reverse engineered the iapd file you see that all the hack does is basically bypass the message. the still know that the cable is not original there for it will not allow the video to play. Sorry, here is the link is you would like to read about it.

Google Translate-iapd reverse engineered
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Default composite av cable for itouch woes
    thanks for the post.
    i guess we have to wait for someone to come out with cheap cables which will work with 3.1.1 firmware

pankaj sharma MD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    So i've done alot of research on this subject. The iapd patch only prevents the notification from telling you that the accessory is not compatible. it does not tell the iphone/ipod that the accessory is compatible. if you read threw the website that reverse engineered the iapd file you see that all the hack does is basically bypass the message. the still know that the cable is not original there for it will not allow the video to play. Sorry, here is the link is you would like to read about it.

Google Translate-iapd reverse engineered

So why did it work with the 3.0 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by mlcohen99 View Post
    So why did it work with the 3.0 firmware
    From my experience it doesn't. if if did work with 3.0 i would just down grade and be done with it.
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Hello,
    i am having iPhone 2G IOS 3.1.3 and i have bought cheap iPhone AV cable to connect it with TV.

Things to install on iPhone

1) Resupported from cydia
    2) TVOut2 Mirror
    3) iPhone AV cable (5$)

i was able to get Mirror of my iPhone on TV with very little lag which was quite useable. Also played Youtube video , Games etc but i was not able to play ipod movies , Youtube app with full framerate on video mode of TVOut2.

After unsuccessful TV Out on iPhone 2G 3.1.2 i installed WD5.1 IOS 3.1.3 and then installed Landscape TV Out from Cydia.

i Did Following Settings:-

Enable TV Out :- ON
    Force TV OUT :- ON
    TV OUT Compatibility Mode :- Hierarchy , 1 , Youtube /iPod = ON

i got youtube working on my tv with no lag and screen on the iphone remains black only touch works. But no luck for iPod App only audio on TV.. i need to tweak more settings... Please anyone help me with Landscape TV Out settings.

I also tried with TVOut2 Mirror but same as before Video mode is not working only Audio on TV..

Still I need TV Out for iPod movies at full framwrate.