+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to remove Pass Code off iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi I found this article here that it is very easy to remove the pass code off the iPhone. (Here's the link: Zdziarski.com: iPhone Passcodes Easily Defeated ) Now, it's
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How to remove Pass Code off iPhone
    Hi
    I found this article here that it is very easy to remove the pass code off the iPhone. (Here's the link: Zdziarski.com: iPhone Passcodes Easily Defeated )
    Now, it's quite old, well over a year now, and I wanted to try it out if it works with my iPhone. Now when I try to navigate to this file here: /mnt/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist
    I am unable to find it. In fact, all I have is the /mnt folder and NOTHING inside it!?
    Not one single file/folder.
    I'm on iPhone OS 3.0 and this is obviously for 2.x.
    So my question was that does someone know where the new location is or how you can bypass the pass code on the new iPhone OS 3?

I'm just curious. Thanks a lot for your time!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey do you have sbsettings? I went around it sending a respring... check out my post... let me know your thoughts... I will look into yours... lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GermanBrot View Post
    hey do you have sbsettings? I went around it sending a respring... check out my post... let me know your thoughts... I will look into yours... lol
    Yes, I do have SBSettings, but i dont really understand what exactly you mean?

Anyone else know anything?
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh ok... well basically just set your sbsettings to active in lock... (so when you are in your lock screen you can swipe for sbsettings... the toggle for this is under More > Extras & Options and at the bottom.. "Active in Lock". Then go to your standard iphone settings and make up a passcode lock. Lock your phone, and when it asks for your 4 digit pin... swip for sbsettings and then respring... vwalla... you are in the phone without ever entering a pin. (however I believe the icons are still locked... go figure!?lol) Hope this help clear things...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GermanBrot View Post
    oh ok... well basically just set your sbsettings to active in lock... (so when you are in your lock screen you can swipe for sbsettings... the toggle for this is under More > Extras & Options and at the bottom.. "Active in Lock". Then go to your standard iphone settings and make up a passcode lock. Lock your phone, and when it asks for your 4 digit pin... swip for sbsettings and then respring... vwalla... you are in the phone without ever entering a pin. (however I believe the icons are still locked... go figure!?lol) Hope this help clear things...
    Nope. Tried it just now. Didnt work. It returned back to the screen where it says "Enter Passcode".