Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "iPhoneunlockuk.com" AKA "Jody Sanders"!!!

Default "iPhoneunlockuk.com" AKA "Jody Sanders"!!!
    I've been doing some reports on this website (iphoneunlockuk.com) and discovered modmyi this morning so I wanted to add my reports so users of this website could be informed in case they didn't already know. I realize that most of you here probably already know how to unlock/jailbreak your iPhone on your own without any kind of technical support, but just in case...

So I purchased a "iphoneunlockuk.com" subscription a few months ago and I have to let everyone know that it was a total waste of money! I honestly believed that I needed THEIR support and knowledge, 'holding my hand' so to speak to get my phone unlocked and jailbroken. Then I see complete guides like here on modmyi that 'hold my hand' and walk me through step by step but they don't charge to do it! Ugghhh!...

My main problem with iphoneunlockuk.com is that "Jody Sanders" (btw is this a girl or a dude?) and his/her team ignores customers emails. I have been emailing them for weeks now with technical support questions, etc and get totally ignored by them! Personally I think they are full of **** and after reading up on everything they are total thieves! The software they provide is the same as the dev-team, they just 'personalize it' to make it look like they did all the work lol-honestly why hasn't someone been able to get this company shut down by now? All the dev-team needs to do is report them to PayPal for starters and get all the charges that customers have paid for charged back...that will for sure get "Jody Sanders" blood boiling!

Personally, I'm going to be contacting my credit card company this morning and filing a charge back to get my money back! These people are a total scam and a fraud, I have paid (almost 40 dollars US after converted to UK) and what am I getting out of it? I'll tell you...ignored emails and ZERO service from these assholes!

I now know that I don't need "iphoneunlockuk.com" to assist me with my iPhone. Well correction, they don't assist me they ignore me. But I know that I can do this process on my own now with websites like modmyi, there is no need to pay these scammers a dime!

Now the everyone still wants to know if "Jody Sanders" is a chick or a dude? Come on...someone tell us!

**** YOU IPHONEUNLOCKUK...KARMA IS A *****...DON'T SAY WE DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!
    Last edited by Sarahspriddy; 08-01-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks

lol.
    Hi and welcome anyway

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

LMAO

Welcome to MMi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

macktns (09-27-2009)

Glad to hear you like the MMi community!

Thanks

Jody is old news. He was a man originally, then when the heat got a bit to much he turned into a woman so you will get conflicting reports.

Either way you've hit the nail on the head so please share this website with anyone you meet and share the knowledge so scumbags like Jody don't get anymore money!

And welcome to MMi
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

^ +1 well said.
    Glad you finally found MMi.
    Unfortunately your story is one that we have heard many times before. Sorry to hear that you got scammed by this company.
    We do our best to spread the word about this scam, in fact, every time we see a link that someone posts to that site we remove it.
    Good luck, and if you need some help just post up and we will do our best to help.

cert of incorp

HERE IS JODY SANDERS ADDRESS, WRITE HIM A LETTER PERSONALLY

Thanks

Lol, check this page out - he has now actually taken Handbrake HandBrake and called it 'iPhoneUnlockUK to iPhone Video Converter' lol. What a tool.

Suck it up, Sucker

Sad to hear that some people profit from the hard work of others! Who by the way release it for FREE

Thanks

Ive tweeted that certificate link to musclenerd. if he sees it and retweets i would expect jody will be getting allot of hatemail

Suck it up, Sucker

Ummmm all this info of Jody has been around the jailbreaking scene for a while and lots, and lots of people know their address and everything.

Although the Handbrake thing was new to me for some reason.

Thanks

I hate Jody for selling what he didn't even create! Especially iPhone Dev Team's jailbreaking software.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

I got my iphone 3GS on iOs 4.0.1 unlocked today. no problem and Jody was extremely helpful and friendly. I was ripped off by iPhone Worldwide: iPhone Unlock 2G, 3G, 3Gs - Easy, quick iPhone Guaranteed Software Unlock but I am now trying to get my money back through my bank.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Welcome to MMi

but if you paid with pay pal you should just argue the case saying their software never worked.

Thanks smokemy. They do not accept Paypal payments anymore due to "scam" ah ah. So I paid via credit card.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mabeler View Post
    I got my iphone 3GS on iOs 4.0.1 unlocked today. no problem and Jody was extremely helpful and friendly. I was ripped off by iPhone Worldwide: iPhone Unlock 2G, 3G, 3Gs - Easy, quick iPhone Guaranteed Software Unlock but I am now trying to get my money back through my bank.
    If you paid for ANY jailbreak or unlock you were ripped off. Jailbreaking and unlocking is now and has always been free. Not counting donations

Yes, providing you know how to do it and where to get it.

Actually could you tell me how to do it? I got another one to jailbreak and my provider asks or money. Perhaps I could get some grounds to get them for free or report them to a consumer association. Thanks for your help
    Last edited by mabeler; 08-03-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Jailbreak your phone by going to jailbreakme.com using safari on the phone. Swipe the bar that says "jailbreak me". Once that's done your jailbroken, and you'll have cydia on the phone. Go into Cydia search for and install ultrasn0w. Reboot the phone and your now unlocked.

Thank you jkm, appreciated! The point is that I paid for the service they offered. They delivered what I asked for, so let alone the fact that ignorance and naivety are not the same thing, I am ignorant, but they gave e what I asked for at a price that I agreed to pay. So I do not see anything to be considered scam on their side. Thanks to all for your comments.

Thanks

No problem, happy to help. The scam side is that these websites promise that they can jailbreak and unlock ANY phone. Up until Sunday this was completely not true many 3gs's and all iPhone 4's this was not possible. Not to mention the fact that what they are "selling" are the same free solutions that I pointed you to. Theses sites will always tell you "we'll have a solution for your phone in just a few days", weeks and months may pass, but it's always just a couple more days. When the reality is they are waiting on a release from the Dev team or in this case Comex just like everyone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast