Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [LIST] Language Packages to Delete on 3.0 :: Increased Performance

Either way, I'm pretty certain I deleted them ;0
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

is there a reason why AT&T isn't listed as one of the directory to delete the languages? not safe perhaps?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I haven't come across any 'project' folders but have just come across 'support' in CoreTelephony.Framework.

I was selecting the first folder then the last then unselecting the 2 I wanted to keep.

Yup - I deleted stuff I wasn't supposed too. Can't speak for the others but mine was definably my fault.

Sorry All-Day and appologies to anyone else I confused through my stupidity.
    No problem, glad we're getting this sorted out...

I'm still going to redo the entire process later today.

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    is there a reason why AT&T isn't listed as one of the directory to delete the languages? not safe perhaps?
    Where do you mean? Like where is it located? I'm sure it's probably safe though...
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 07-29-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect your elders.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ALL DAY For This Useful Post:

bobright (07-29-2009)

So what are people seeing for available memory after removing all of the .lproj files? I think it says in the bar above my post but just in case I have a 16G 3GS. I removed all of the extra languages from the /Applications directory, all the default iPhone applications. I went from averaging roughly 156ish up to 170ish, and I saw 178 for an instant. However after having it on for a while it goes back down to 158 or so, which gives me a net sum of zero. I do have WinterBoard installed but that's pretty much it for extras. Just wondering how that's comparing to others experience.

Oh yea even if the free memory comes out even, applications seem to load much faster for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Man that is crazy fast......

My 3G 8gb averages 40ish with nothing running and then 12 ish with safari or Ipod running.

is this normal

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iphone 3g 16gb here. after deleting all unused languages, i wasn't really seeing a big improvement, so i disabled lockinfo and anything lock screen related and am seeing double the ram. currently at around 35mb with nothing running. with safari running it's about 20mb

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    No problem, glad we're getting this sorted out...

I'm still going to redo the entire process later today.
    Thanks ALL DAY and everyone for there work, please let us know once you redo the process later. Im a bit confused on what to and not to delete for English, en.projl, e.projl etc

man i deleted what you said to delete and now my iphone wont turn on just reboot over and over i cant seem to turn my phone off but i can shh for a min untill reboot.. do i have to restore???? (((((( (((((

Thanks

Effin A. Restoring my 2G tester now to begin the redo process. Sorry to the guys that this didn't work for (Assuming it's a problem on my end ).
    Respect your elders.

I removed what's listed, but I am terrified to reboot my phone!!!

Edit:
    Just did a hard reboot and I'm back up and running without any problems. I did the entire list found in the first post and was able to return to my Springboard without any issues. I did a quick sync with iTunes and my iPhone 3G 16GB is idling at about 36-38MB. Before removing the LP's, my idle was about 22MB and in apps, I would go as low as 5-6MB, so I must say I am satisfied with the results so far! Also note, that I am a WinterBoard whore, running about 5 themes, a UI sound pack and LiveWeather icons. I really think this did the trick!
    Last edited by tookewl4skewl; 07-29-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iGuy View Post
    Trying to work out who I should be playing with - huge breasted office girl or iPhone? Got 30 minutes to decide.
    I realize I'm a little late in replying to this, but I had to suggest combining the 2. Use your iPhone to take pics while playing with HBOG.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 7lowe For This Useful Post:

iGuy (07-29-2009)

Thanks

Ran Peteo's script (only I deleted the Japanese and added a couple languages too) on all the directories listed on the first page.
    Rebooted and working fine I am getting about 57MB with nothing running on the springboard.

Thanks a lot guys.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Day-thanks for the list....very helpful.

ROCK ON!

Thanks

Oh and with a theme and 5 icon SB/dock
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Have any of you guys who did this initially and had problems tried it again yet? I realllly don't want to leave this up if it may cause problems...
    Respect your elders.

I ran peteo's script which deleted lots of stuff.
    I still never see more than 38-40mb free and goes down to 12-18 once a couple of things have been run.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I still never see more than 38-40mb free and goes down to 12-18 once a couple of things have been run.
    it really depends on waht else you have installed. i wasn't seeing much improvement until i deactivated grupple lockinfo theme and lockinfo

Thanks

^Lockscreen stuff will kill you, I believe...
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Try SBSettings and the "Free up memory" button.
    I get ~45mb before pressing and after I get 60mb

Apart from wallpaper my lockscreen is standard. I've only re-installed winterboard today (and only ise it for wallpaper) but was getting those figures without winterboard.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast