Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [LIST] Language Packages to Delete on 3.0 :: Increased Performance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,084 Posts

Thanx dotFIVE for confirming my mistake was not Freedom Scripts fault!

Just ran the script on my new 3gs / 4.0.1... If I deleted all lang packs other then english shouldn't I not be allowed to use spanish during text messaging with bite sms? For some reason I'm still allowed to use it.
    Last edited by XMike24; 10-19-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks

That's awesome!

find / -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -not -iname "English.lproj" -exec rm -rfv {} \;

You can run this script in Cyberduck. Just posting this because a lot of these scripts in the thread do not run properly, if at all.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XMike24 View Post
    Just ran the script on my new 3gs / 4.0.1... If I deleted all lang packs other then english shouldn't I not be allowed to use spanish during text messaging with bite sms? For some reason I'm still allowed to use it.
    It depends upon the application. Also, most but not all language packs have an .lproj dir extension. What's left over isn't worth the trouble.

So is there an app that can do this automatically?

Thanks

just catching up on the lang pack removal to speed up my 3gs... question: will this break translators and dictionaries? ie: I use english-spanish and english-norwegian dictionaries/translators... so should I use the script that prompts for each language? is there a safe one?

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheme75 View Post
    just catching up on the lang pack removal to speed up my 3gs... question: will this break translators and dictionaries? ie: I use english-spanish and english-norwegian dictionaries/translators... so should I use the script that prompts for each language? is there a safe one?
    I would say uninstall those apps run the hack then reinstall the apps, I think the languages come with the app but I could be totally wrong in which case only a restore will fix it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I would say uninstall those apps run the hack then reinstall the apps, I think the languages come with the app but I could be totally wrong in which case only a restore will fix it
    actually I now recall one of the mod's posting that any new app will reinstall the lang packs and that the script needs to be repeated after any new app install... so it sounds like this may be a moot point for me. probably splitting hairs on speed improvement and memory too. seems like i can use sbsettings to shut down unused apps and clean up memory and I usually end up with over 120mb.

Thanks

I have found something even easier! For those that just need to keep ENGLISH, JAPANESE, & EMOJI you can google: lang2ez
    The first hit will give you info on it and the repo to get it from.
    This removes languages during the install!!!

Their is another app from that repo called: sysclean
    FYI, sysclean is run in MobileTerminal

If you don't want to Google 'lang2ez' then you can email me and I'll give you the name of the repo but I cannot post the name on MMI.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can lang2ez be used on iphone 4 4.2.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaykain View Post
    Can lang2ez be used on iphone 4 4.2.1
    Yes, I've run it on my ip4, iPad, & 3GS running 4.2.1. I also ran it on a friends 3G w/ 4.2.1. Also, sysclean works on all those devices.

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    sorry about the confusion: and i will fix my repo sorry

script originally by redenfire of biteyourapple.com i modified this a bit, try it out, only for americans

it is very user friendly, try it out! for daemon deletion it asks questions like are u a iphone user and if not will delete certain daemons-- basically intuitive prompts. the langpack deletion does take a minute or two, so dont turn off ur ipod while ur deleting langpacks.

everything in the script has a yes or no choice, once you run it theres nothing that happens without choice

original features
    * Unnecessary deamons are deleted
    * Unnecessary Carriers are deleted
    * It delete some language from the VoiceVontrol
    * It delete some language from keyboards
    * Some folders are linked, bringing from the "file-system" to a private folder, freeing up space.
    * There is NO overcloack, not partial and not full
    * It does not install "iphoneVM" and "iphoneVM2" (dangerous 4 the device at long)
    * It does not install Supercharged (dangerous too)
    * It will not change any file on the direct use of the hardware

I added:
    * more compehensibility for USA
    *more daemon deletion with choices
    * daemon deletion backup! edit: doesnt work for some reason, i advise manually backing up
    *basic langpack deletion
    *choices on each symlink with explanation
    *keeps only american languages for everything

instructions
    1. download off cydia.ipod-hacking.com
    4. open terminal and type "su" then ur password
    5. type "freedom" and it starts it up!
    Hey people's. I am a new member just today but discovered this site awhile ago looking for the best way to jailbreak my itouch. In advance i want to thank everyone here for helping this ultra noob how to use my device to the fullest and i want to thank phanaticD for this script that deletes all useless **** off of my device. Now i used the script that you modded by redensnow, and after it finished my itouch 4g will crash about every 7 minutes, then reboot itself back on. I have a 4.1 OS on my itouch. Any help at all would render this noob a grateful noob. Once again thanks.
    "He's aight, his brains are all over the side walk, but he'll be okay..." The Wire

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigman88 View Post
    Hey people's. I am a new member just today but discovered this site awhile ago looking for the best way to jailbreak my itouch. In advance i want to thank everyone here for helping this ultra noob how to use my device to the fullest and i want to thank phanaticD for this script that deletes all useless **** off of my device. Now i used the script that you modded by redensnow, and after it finished my itouch 4g will crash about every 7 minutes, then reboot itself back on. I have a 4.1 OS on my itouch. Any help at all would render this noob a grateful noob. Once again thanks.
    @bigman,
    Although I liked the idea of Phanatic's script, it proved to be too much trouble since there were some small bugs. I don't know about the ipt4 but for the iPhone 4, one of the major flaws was it deleted the phone service!!!

At this point, you dont know what is causing the crashes. I assume its Freedom related & if I were you....I'd restore then get: Sysclean and DisableDaemons. Google both to find the repos. These are the fastest and easiest cleaning tools so far!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

bigman88 (04-07-2011)

Yea dont use the script i have its old as **** and very buggy, not to mention it doesnt make any real difference, im gonna delete it off ny repo when i get a chance

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    @bigman,
    Although I liked the idea of Phanatic's script, it proved to be too much trouble since there were some small bugs. I don't know about the ipt4 but for the iPhone 4, one of the major flaws was it deleted the phone service!!!

At this point, you dont know what is causing the crashes. I assume its Freedom related & if I were you....I'd restore then get: Sysclean and DisableDaemons. Google both to find the repos. These are the fastest and easiest cleaning tools so far!
    @thazar, sux i gotta do a restore and delete everything i had on there already; that's exactly what i wanted to avoid doing though. Oh well. Thank's for your help thazar, that's what i get for going and running scripts all willy nilly; its just so much useless doodoo is stuffed into the device, even friggin iphone features/files!! Reminded of it every time i gotta switch out apps and music i dont want to switch out for ones i really want. Glad i found this site! i heard of disable daemons and sysclean, but will it free memory or RAM space? id much prefer to free up the memory space though. And when mucking around through the files using winscp, i found so many other things that need going, like said iphone features(carrier bundles!?, phone log files?, sms.app), and lots of useless things like adware.app, contacts.app and then a bunch of .bundle files... the list goes on. Anything to take care of those or do i have to do it manually? Your God status man
    @phanaticD, its funny i thought against this for a second, then said screw it wateva i need the space. And yes, you did post the script couple years ago lol. Thanks for the effort though.
    "He's aight, his brains are all over the side walk, but he'll be okay..." The Wire

Default Found something WAAAAAAAAAY easier.
    This seems to have been converted into an cydia app after all.

add ihacksrepo.com
    install "sysclean"
    respring.
    make sure you have mobileterminal installed.
    open mobileterminal and log in to super user. once you are logged in, type

"sysclean" without quotes. it will do everything for you. uninstall and reboot after running the command. Verify the removal of language packs in Settings> General > International.

Significant improvement for sure.
    LaunchDaemons are next and overclocking if I dare... =]

Cheers!

EDIT: Another one I found was on the repo.insanelyi.com repository and it is called "lang2ez" This one deletes the files during the debian installaton in Cydia. So no need for anything else. It's also a command for terminal. So, if you ever install any apps that add the language packs again in the future, all you have to do is "su root" and type "lang2ez" without quotes and it will run the process again.
    Last edited by Pcoats35; 04-17-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: More info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pcoats35 View Post
    This seems to have been converted into an cydia app after all.

add ihacksrepo.com
    install "sysclean"
    respring.
    make sure you have mobileterminal installed.
    open mobileterminal and log in to super user. once you are logged in, type

"sysclean" without quotes. it will do everything for you. uninstall and reboot after running the command. Verify the removal of language packs in Settings> General > International.

Significant improvement for sure.
    LaunchDaemons are next and overclocking if I dare... =]

Cheers!

EDIT: Another one I found was on the repo.insanelyi.com repository and it is called "lang2ez" This one deletes the files during the debian installaton in Cydia. So no need for anything else. It's also a command for terminal. So, if you ever install any apps that add the language packs again in the future, all you have to do is "su root" and type "lang2ez" without quotes and it will run the process again.
    Correct and that's the same repo 'sysclean' originates from. Lang2ez is good but 'sysclean' has incorporated it so it will clean out more files. Syscleanpro from the same repo gives u the ability to choose which Lang packs to keep or delete. Also get Daemon Tool from that repo. Its automatic so nothing extra is needed after install.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Correct and that's the same repo 'sysclean' originates from. Lang2ez is good but 'sysclean' has incorporated it so it will clean out more files. Syscleanpro from the same repo gives u the ability to choose which Lang packs to keep or delete. Also get Daemon Tool from that repo. Its automatic so nothing extra is needed after install.
    Are those both safe for 4.1?

Also, does the overclock mod work in 4.x? It says 3.x in the description. And mods like "supercharge" are not good on the phone.

It would be nice to be able to toggle the overclock on and off as well.

tim

[EDIT]

Added "insanelyi.com" repo and installed sysclean + daemon tool. I gained about 200mb on /var on my 3GS 4.1!! Holy Crap!! I've never recovered that much doing it with CyberDuck!!

the process was super easy.

1. Add the insanelyi repo
    2. Install MobileTerminal - NEW
    3. Install sysclean
    4. Install Daemon Tool - it does everything and reboots
    5. Launch MobileTerminal - type "su", enter, "alpine" (default password), enter, sysclean, enter
    6. Reboot

Optional

1. insanelyi repo also has iOverClock for 3.x-4.x devices as well as Daemon VM Mod to add virtual RAM.

tim
    Last edited by klouud; 04-18-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast