Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [LIST] Language Packages to Delete on 3.0 :: Increased Performance

My Calendar app no longer shows the date either.

Any fix?
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkington View Post
    My Calendar app no longer shows the date either.

Any fix?
    I did fix this. You need to essentially replace your springboard.strings file in /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/english.lproj

1) Locate that file, rename to springboard.plist
    2) Open file, scroll down to or find the lines starting with "CALENDAR" and paste them here.
    3) Rename springboard.plist to springboard.strings

Quote Originally Posted by dmo82 View Post
    I did fix this. You need to essentially replace your springboard.strings file in /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/english.lproj

1) Locate that file, rename to springboard.plist
    2) Open file, scroll down to or find the lines starting with "CALENDAR" and paste them here.
    3) Rename springboard.plist to springboard.strings
    Any advice on plist editing on OSX?

Here is the calendar lines:

"CALENDAR_DATE_AT_TIME_FORMAT" = "%@ at %@";
    "CALENDAR_ICON_DAY_NUMBER_FORMAT" = d;
    "CALENDAR_LAST_WEEK_FORMAT" = "Last %@";
    "CALENDAR_LOCK_LABEL" = "slide to view";
    "CALENDAR_NEXT_WEEK_FORMAT" = "This %@";
    "CALENDAR_TODAY" = Today;
    "CALENDAR_TOMORROW" = Tomorrow;
    "CALENDAR_YESTERDAY" = Yesterday;
    Last edited by Dorkington; 12-25-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Hello,

Can I delete too others ".lproj" like "ar.lproj" "cs.lproj "da.lproj" .. ?

Actually I juste deleted German, Japanese, Dutch, Spanish.

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xeospe View Post
    Hello,

Can I delete too others ".lproj" like "ar.lproj" "cs.lproj "da.lproj" .. ?

Actually I juste deleted German, Japanese, Dutch, Spanish.

Thanks
    I deleted ALL .lproj directories except en.lproj and English.lproj. Works fine for me I think most problems occur because an english directory is accidentally deleted.

3G 3.0.1

Any solutions on the calendar front anyone?

Thank you!

i accdidentally deleted something apparently cuz now i hafta do a ****** restore, i just spent last 4 or so hours setting up cydia and crap after finally upgrading to 3.1.2 , thought id try this.. >.< now i know wut ill be doing in my spare time next couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    i accdidentally deleted something apparently cuz now i hafta do a ****** restore, i just spent last 4 or so hours setting up cydia and crap after finally upgrading to 3.1.2 , thought id try this.. >.< now i know wut ill be doing in my spare time next couple of days
    For future reference, You might want to do this step FIRST after a restore just incase you make a mistake
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi.

I can't believe it really works!
    I have an iPhone 3g 8gb model on firmware 3.1.2 jailbroken. I was in my usual cycle of restoring the phone when I decided to run the following (through puTTY...)
    1. First login as root, password is usually alpine, but you may have changed it.
    2. type:
    cd /Applications
    3. type:
    for file in `find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec echo {} \; | sed -e 's/\.\///'`; do rm -vr ./$file ; done
    4. type:
    cd /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    5. Repeat step 3 then type:
    cd /System/Library/PreferenceBundles
    6. Repeat step 3 then type:
    cd /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/AccountSettings
    7. Repeat step 3 then type:
    cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks
    8. Repeat step 3 then type:
    cd /System/Library/SystemConfiguration
    9. Repeat step 3 then type:
    cd /System/Library/Carrier Bundles

ONLY type in or copy/paste the thing in bold. This is purely for the english language. If you need another, just replace the part in red with whatever the 2 letter or language name is:
    for file in `find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec echo {} \; | sed -e 's/\.\///'`; do rm -vr ./$file ; done

For example, if you just wanted the Russian files to be kept, replace en*.lproj with ru*.lproj

Now of course, I'm not responsible if you ruin your iPhone. I've only tried this on an iPhone 3G 8gb and an iPhone 2g 8gb with success.

I would recommend that you make backups of your files on a computer in case you break something. This post has been put together from work carried out by other most excellent peoples, users like ALL DAY, peteo and others.

Hope that helps someone, it worked fine for me and I had no problems with the date in the calendar not showing and thought it a good idea to share what I did in order to make it work...
    Last edited by darcus; 01-06-2010 at 06:23 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darcus For This Useful Post:

bootme21 (01-14-2010), mbarvian (01-18-2010), thehotrod (01-14-2010)

lol yea yea, luckily i have on itunes and i use pkgbackup for cydai stuff.

im using darcus command in putty right now, waiting fot it to finish. how long did it take you?

edit:
    shoot no wonder it was taking so long, wifi desided to quit, perfect timing.. well try again. this does work tho, it deleted some stuff before wifi quit

amazinng it worked!!

holy ****, after a reboot i had bout 47mb free mem, then i did freemem with sbsettings and its at 61mb!! thats the highest its ever been for me. now to delete some unnecesary daemons he he.

btw i dont have any themes runnings so that mite be part of it
    Last edited by PhanaticD; 12-31-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

Help! i was doing this manually, and accidentally went into autopilot while watching the office and deleted the english.lproj in preferences.app
    i am using ifile on my phone to do it, can this file be recovered?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Get any English.proj N put it there

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

edit: if i cant recover the file, can i use another language and edit it to recreate the english version?

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    Get any English.proj N put it there
    if you open them, they are not all the same. they contain different things for each app
    and this seems to be the most complicated .lproj file ive seen theres tooo many translations in there

EDIT i hadnt deleted all the files, and apparently each button in an app has a name, and the .lproj files give text to those buttons. i went into the files and changed the other language's words to english, based on the names the apple creators gave each function.
    as a bonus for my screw up i now have custom text in my settings app!
    Last edited by dale2; 01-12-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Found my solution

Quote Originally Posted by darcus View Post
    Hi.

I have an iPhone 3g 8gb model on firmware 3.1.2 jailbroken. I was in my usual cycle of restoring the phone when I decided to run the following (through puTTY...)
    1. First login as root, password is usually alpine, but you may have changed it.
    2. type:
    cd /Applications
    3. type:
    for file in `find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec echo {} ; | sed -e 's/.///'`; do rm -vr ./ ; done
    4. type:

ONLY type in or copy/paste the thing in bold. This is purely for the english language. If you need another, just replace the part in red with whatever the 2 letter or language name is:
    for file in `find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec echo {} ; | sed -e 's/.///'`; do rm -vr ./ ; done

For example, if you just wanted the Russian files to be kept, replace en*.lproj with ru*.lproj

Now of course, I'm not responsible if you ruin your iPhone. I've only tried this on an iPhone 3G 8gb and an iPhone 2g 8gb with success.

I would recommend that you make backups of your files on a computer in case you break something. This post has been put together from work carried out by other most excellent peoples, users like ALL DAY, peteo and others.

Hope that helps someone, it worked fine for me and I had no problems with the date in the calendar not showing and thought it a good idea to share what I did in order to make it work...
    Thanks darcus. I followed your steps to the T. It was very easy and painless. My phone is rebooting now. Can't wait to see what type of performance improvement I have.

WOW!!!!

Thanks sooooooooooooooo much dude!

That worked like a charm and I went from 24 MB normal to 35 MB!

That ran through puTTy Perfectly!!!!!

Thanks

very helpful! thanks!!
    16GB Black iPhone 3G 3.0

15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.5.6

12" PowerBook G4 OS X 10.5.5

Those scripts did not work for me in Cyberduck...

...anybody else?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darcus View Post
    Hi.

2. type:
    cd /Applications
    3. type:
    4. type:

just did this n it worked perfectly
    thx

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Had to hop on a Windows machine to get it going, but the above one quoted worked. I am not noticing a difference though even after removing Daemons. Grr.

2G 8GB too

On a mac:

Open Terminal

type:

ssh root@yourphoneiphere
    enter your SSH passkey (default is alpine)

paste this code in:

find / -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec rm -rf {} ;

Let it scan and do its work. You will see a ton of scrolling text for a few minutes. English is all that is left, done.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast