Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: applications not showing up on springboard

Default applications not showing up on springboard
    i just restored my jailbroken iphone from 2.2.1 to 3.0 and re-jailbroke it. before the jailbreak i downloaded a few apps from the app store.....they worked fine. now after the jailbreak when i try getting an app from the app store it shows up on springboard and it loads but never completes then just disappears from springboard. when i try to go back into the app store to redownload it says that app is already installed.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 07-18-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It sounds like you had all these apps before and they were hidden or in categories and when you restored to 3.0 you used a backup which means all apps hidden before will still be hidden after install. Your best bet is to go into SB Settings... more... Hide Icons.. and unhide what you've installed.

Settings, general, reset, reset network settings. If that doesn't work, reset all settings.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    It sounds like you had all these apps before and they were hidden or in categories and when you restored to 3.0 you used a backup which means all apps hidden before will still be hidden after install. Your best bet is to go into SB Settings... more... Hide Icons.. and unhide what you've installed.
    +1 or to unhide everything go to your settings app

general>restrictions>enable and then disable them

Default good site
    hey, if youre looking for a solution to this problem, check out this post. it explains the disappearing problem

What's Good Blog: Iphone/Ipod/Itouch OS 3.0 Applications Not Showing Up or Not Syncing