Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP FAST!! Installed Cydia Application and my phone keeps respringing on lockscreen!

Default HELP FAST!! Installed Cydia Application and my phone keeps respringing on lockscreen!
    I installed a Cydia application and now my phone keeps respringing on lock screen where you enter password to log in. How do I fix this, how do I get to safe mode? How do I remove this application?

I can't unlock the phone, the loading circle just keep apearing and my screen goes black and goes back on everytime.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-14-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Try downloading and installing iPhoneBrowser. Then access the iPhone files and SSH to "/private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx". I would download it to the computer just in case, as a backup. Then delete the folder of the app on the phone.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    Try downloading and installing iPhoneBrowser. Then access the iPhone files and SSH to "/private/var/stash/Applications.xxxxxx". I would download it to the computer just in case, as a backup. Then delete the folder of the app on the phone.
    I installed Rotation Inhibitor for SBSettings, where does that file go into? Would this file be in the SBSettings Folder?

Here is the link to the app: Rotation Inhibitor: SBSettings Toggle Allows you to Disable Accelerometer - iPhone Hacks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Rotation inhibitor is not working yet for OS3.0. That's why you're having this problem. Once you uninstall it you phone will be okay again.

We're all waiting for it to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    Rotation inhibitor is not working yet for OS3.0. That's why you're having this problem. Once you uninstall it you phone will be okay again.

We're all waiting for it to be fixed.
    How do I uninstall it if I cant even get on my phone, it keeps restarting.

Thanks

Does it allow you to go to the safe mode?

If you can't even get to safe mode, you can download DiskAid to your PC , and run it with your iPhone connected to the PC. Go to the directory mentioned a few posts back to delete the application.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 07-15-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    If you can't even get to safe mode, you can download DiskAid to your PC , and run it with your iPhone connected to the PC. Go to the directory mentioned a few posts back to delete the application.
    +1 Or iPhoneBrowser, but the same idea is used. The same thing worked with this user here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post4866691
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Thanks

Rotation inhibitor 0.5 is fully working now. Good news for us.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    How do I uninstall it if I cant even get on my phone, it keeps restarting.
    Try holding down the power button till you see the slide to power off screen; then press and hold the home button for a few seconds, this should bring you out of the loop. It that does not, then do this:

Press and hold the power button and the home button until your screen goes black, then release it. This should restart your phone; it might also power off your phone, in that case, just restart your phone.

Hope this helps!

Chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

hey i have same problem i installed dreamboared
    every thing is good the choosen andriod theme
    it keep restarting after that
    just give me slider to unlock and rstart
    in a few tries to slide quikly
    the theme appear but it restart
    i dont know is it ram or what
    ipod touch 4 ios 4.2.1 jailbroken
    please help guys