+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking issue!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey all.. I jave just succesfully unlocked an iPhone for my buddy using iNdependance. However, I used cyberduck to remove the unlock and install applications from the phone but then
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlocking issue!!
    Hey all..
    I jave just succesfully unlocked an iPhone for my buddy using iNdependance. However, I used cyberduck to remove the unlock and install applications from the phone but then when I turned the phone back on I got the message "invalid sim - reconnect to itunes..."
    Just wondered if I had done somthing wrong or if perhaps the new iTunes 7.4.2 was making unlocking not possible. Would love to know. As my iPhone still works even though I've reconnected to the updated iTunes. Also, if I unlock the phone on my Mac and he connects it to his PC will he have the same issues as if it were an iPod? i.e. different computers.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    ~RICKY

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

did you put the lockdownd file in

Thanks

I unlocked my phone and after doing so and putting in my t-mobile sim, it said I had to reconnect to itunes. PACAY is a great and simple program for activating the phone on a PC. and like jjgsxr883 said, you have to replace the lockdownd file in usr/libexec with a modded one (which can be found here: http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=708) so it doesn't ask you to connect to itunes everytime you switch sim cards. And as long as he uses PACAY and not iTunes, it shouldn't matter that he's activating it on a different computer

When asked what he would say to the columbine killers, Marilyn Manson said, "I would say nothing to them. I would listen to what they have to say, because that's what nobody else did" from the movie Farenheit 9/11