I recently plugged a cable from the line out jack of my iPhone dock to the line in of my soundcard, and it has horrible interference sounds. It's loud enough to be noticable even at low volume.

I was playing with the idea of buying a Monster cable (or building one from scratch) but then I thought that it'd be a waste of money to pay $40 for a superior audio cable if the problem is in the dock.

I have never had anything plugged into the line in jack of the sound card before (my mac is plugged to the optical line in on the front via toslink cable) but the card is a Soundblaster X-Fi card, I seriously doubt it's the line in on the card.

This cable I connected with is pretty cheap but I used it to connect my Nintendo DS to my Logitech 5.1 system and sound was crystal clear.

I rerouted the cable to avoid any crossing over (the wrong way) with power cables, etc. and the interference is exactly the same.

So have you guys had crystal clear quality coming out of your dock line out?

It would be nice to be able to use my iPhone to play music through my speakers or to use it as my alarm.. As the "Alarm" ringtone + Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers = gauranteed wake up call