+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I get working push email?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everyone, I just unlocked this sucker on T-mobile. Love it. The only problem is, I came from a blackberry pearl, and I miss my push email. I made the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How do I get working push email?
    Hey everyone,
    I just unlocked this sucker on T-mobile. Love it. The only problem is, I came from a blackberry pearl, and I miss my push email. I made the switch because Yahoo said they'd push email to the iPhone w/ IMAP. Well, that clearly isn't working. I've got Gmail checking every 5 minutes and that comes in faster than any of the Yahoo mail.

My configuration has been to have push email from the gmail account. It's the only account I really need on my mobile device. I was just going to forward it all to this Yahoo address, but that isn't cutting it right now. How can I get my email pushed to my phone? Google and forum searches have not been helpful. Is anyone here getting this working?

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

i wasnt sure how to do the imap myself, but i just signed up for a new yahoo account and added it to my phone and i get all my emails pushed about 30 sec to a 1 min of being sent. It works everytime! I'm not sure if it has to be a new account or what but i know it does work with nothing crazy configured