Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No ringer with Ultrasnow unlock 3.0 on iPhone 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default No ringer with Ultrasnow unlock 3.0 on iPhone 3G
    Hi Guys

I have installed ultrasno0w on my jail broken 3G iPhone and the phone doesn't ring on incoming calls its just vibrates.

How do I:
    1. Get the ringer to work for incoming calls?
    2. Stop it from vibrating if I don't answer a call?
    (It just keeps vibrating until I press the 'Decline' button)

Thank you

Settings<Sounds and make sure you have everything set up and if your still having problems try restarting your iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yup all looks good in my sound settings and I restarted the phone and no change. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Shaun

Okay I figured out the problem. Because I had upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0 the phone had kept a ringtone associated with my home land line telephone number. So when I did a test call on my home phone to my iPhone it tried to play a ringtone not installed on my iPhone so it just vibrated. To solve the issue I just went into my iPhone contacts, searched to my home phone in the directory and changed the default ringtone to another ringtone available on my iPhone and it worked. I hope that makes sense for anyone else that has this problem in the future.
    Last edited by kaodixflow; 06-24-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaodixflow For This Useful Post:

JonFolse (11-04-2009), ripped53 (03-26-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaodixflow View Post
    Yup all looks good in my sound settings and I restarted the phone and no change. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Shaun

Okay I figured out the problem. Because I had upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0 the phone had kept a ringtone associated with my home land line telephone number. So when I did a test call on my home phone to my iPhone it tried to play a ringtone not installed on my iPhone so it just vibrated. To solve the issue I just went into my iPhone contacts, searched to my home phone in the directory and changed the default ringtone to another ringtone available on my iPhone and it worked. I hope that makes sense for anyone else that has this problem in the future.
    This has been driving me crazy. Thanks for helping to end the insanity!