Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Headphone connection on Iphone

Default Headphone connection on Iphone
    Guys, I tried to connect a sony ericsson headset to the iPhone and everything works fine like the phone and all, except when I use the iPod feature, the sound is still playing on the phone instead of the headset. How do I change this? Thanks.

The issue with the IPhone that I have seen only because I tried to use a line-in hook up for my iphone to my Eclipse AVN7000 stereo...

Is that the headphone jack is recieded much further into the phone than any other type of hook up. Personally I think this is very un Apple like to do this because this is made to be an ipod also..

Basically if you shoved your headphones in there as hard as you can you can usually get it to work but it can get knocked out and lose very easily and you'll be right back to the speaker on the iphone again. Sucks huh?

Just a bad design that I would think they will fix eventually.

This is how to fix your problem. I also found a much uglier, but much cheaper one at the Apple Store on 5th Ave by Belkin for $10.00. A generic adapter combined with a generic tape adapter from Radio Shack has allowed all of the technology I've ever owned to defeat all non-standard technology and connect to my car.
    Total cost: $35(amortized over 5+ years)
    I hate non-standard components and their associated problems.

I guess I was wrong, the fix was already there but with the help of an additional buy.. Still hope that they will fix this in the near future with newer iphones? doubtful though

Wow.This actually may work but my headset is a bluetooth headset. Its not connected with any wires or anything. My phone recognises the headset, connects to it and I can use it for the phone features. However, I cannot use it for the music part. That still plays over the speaker.

Well .. it'll be nice if we had stereo bluetooth support huh?
    Best Regards